Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Review: Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half by Samantha Grace

Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half (Beau Monde, #2)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402258348
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series: Beau Monde-1 
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's
Summary: 
JAKE BROKE HER HEART BY LEAVING HER AFTER SHARING A PASSIONATE KISS.

LADY AMELIA BROKE HIS BY MARRYING HIS BEST FRIEND.

When she returns to town a widow—pursued by an infamous rake, Jake's debauched brother, and just maybe by himself—Lady Amelia will have a mess and a half on her hands.

A sparkling romp through the ton, Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half delivers a witty Regency romance in which misunderstandings abound, reputations are put on the line, and the only thing more exciting than a scandal is true love.


My Review:


The first book in this series, Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel, was one of my favorites. I was really looking forward to this one. I have to say that I found myself a little bit let down.

Amelia started out great. She was smart, made good decisions, and did not display any idiot tendencies. But close to the end of the book--as soon as she gets on Daniel's ship--her brain seemed to disappear. All of a sudden, she was a spoiled brat who refused to board the ship without her lady's maid. I can't decide if she was trying to push Jake away by being a brat or if she was actually a brat. I may have missed something but either way it was obnoxious. I liked Jake. I am not usually a fan of the nice guy hero. I like my heroes a bit edgier. But he was as good as a nice guy hero can get.

To tell you the truth, the secondary romance in this novel worked a whole lot better for me than the main pairing. I loved Bibi and Jasper. It's almost a pity that they didn't get their own book because it would have epic. If you read this book, you'll get it. This one did take me a while to get through. I can't really pinpoint a reason, it took me a couple of days to finish. It usually takes me a couple of hours to finish a book. That's not to say I didn't like this book because I did but it was a slow go. I had periods of intense interest and then a lull. I am looking forward to the next book--which I hope is about Daniel. I love nautical heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio