Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, August 31, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday (August 31st)


Reviews Posted This Week:

Q: Best Cover? What is the best cover of a book that you’ve read and didn’t like?


This is probably going to come as a huge surprise but it a tie between the Twilight series and The Wolves of Mercy Hall series. 


Twilight: I am one of those people that can sit through reading the Twilight books and actually enjoy them but in a couple of hours, I find myself in a rage at myself for wasting my time, the author for writing such tripe and Bella for being such a selfish moron. The covers were admittedly gorgeous. 
Twilight (Twilight, #1)New Moon (Twilight, #2)
Eclipse (Twilight, #3)Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)


The Wolves of Mercy Hall: Loved the first book, loved the second book and HATED the last book. There was no ending. Who wants to read a book with no clear ending for a couple you have invested time in? I will never read another book by this author simply because she never gives her couples a happy ending. But I love the covers and how the print color mimics the cover.
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)

10 comments:

  1. I loved the covers of Twilight because they are simple. I hated the characters and story though. Sorry, Twilight fans!

    I'm one of the few that like Shiver (Sorry!), but I admit that there were a lot of parts (and those last two books were pretty bad. I wish Shiver stayed as a standalone) were really boring. Old Follower.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I love both these series! Although I can totally understand that whole 'just wasted my time reading this' feeling... It's cool. :) But you're right, the covers (especially Breaking Dawn) are pretty!
    New follower!

    It would be great if you could stop by my Feature and Follow Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on The Wolves series - the last book didn't do it for me BUT she wrote The Scorpio Races after and that's fantastic - don't write her off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those covers too! I still haven't read Forever, but I really want too finish that series this year. So getting it in December. Probably! I hope I'll like it. Sorry to hear you didn't.

    Old follower saying hi.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh Twilight. And I loved Shiver but haven't read the other two yet. I've heard mixed reviews so going in with a skeptical mind.

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Shiver and Linger too but was pretty disappointed with Forever :[ I still love Maggie Stiefvater though!
    New GFC follower :]
    And btw, your blog is gorgeous :]

    Kaitlin @ Read. Write. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must be honest I never really 'got' the Twilight covers. I know there is supposed to be some symbolism about them, but apart from breaking Dawn, I never figured it out. I'm a new follower. You can find me at: http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Good picks. (:
    I hate when books get worse as they go on, such a let down. ):
    Thanks for stopping by my FF! Old follower (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower through GFC as lucyatmax, no pic. Please visit/follow me at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com . I was lucky in that I had no best cover/disappointing read....my luck runneth out soon I think....Some of the answers are are sitting in my TBR pile.
    Happy Reading my friend,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great covers on all of the lovelies above!

    **newest GFC follower**

    I'd love for you to check out my FF at Between the Bind.

    xo,
    Jenna Lynne

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio