Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday (August 3rd)


Reviews Posted:


Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

I am pretty much a two trick pony. I waver between romance and YA with a smattering of classics in between. I am kind of boring because lately all I've been reading is romance because I've been on a Kleypas kick. My moods don't really effect my reading usually but my reading does often effect my mood. If I am reading a really great book, I tend to be in a good mood but if the book I'm reading sucks, I'm usually not the nicest person on the planet. Am I weird? Is that how it is for anyone else?

10 comments:

  1. Hopping through. It's funny how reading affects mood. I feel the same way.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- books can seriously affect how we feel! I tend to read more happy novels because of that...I'm a new GFC follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the hop! New follower. I agree, books can affect how we feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree usually though If I read a book that made me angry I follow up with one I know that will make me happy so I don't get into a bad mood.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so interesting how books can change our moods and vice versa.

    Thanks for stopping by My FF

    New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books are amazing, how they affect us on all levels. I'm a new follower via FF. You can find me at: http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mood effects the amount I read, buy not the genre. Cute blog :D
    I hope you have a great Friday! New Follower..
    Ashley @ #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books can give mood effects indeed. It's interesting to see how books can effect us :)

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/hosted-by-alison-can-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, you're not weird. I understand that completely. If I'm reading a crappy book I just get annoyed and want to stop but then I want to finish it and bleh. Haha! I'm a new follower via GFC, by the way,
    Here is my FF :
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-follow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me I find my mood changes the genre that I want to read. I go through blocks where I only read one genre, then I randomly change to another one. But I don't find myself reading certain books because of the way I feel. Although I do find that the way I feel has an impact on how much I enjoy the book! So if I'm angry or sad I try and take a break from reading till I get over it :)

    New Follower via RSS!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio