Search Me!


Friday, August 31, 2012

Review: I Own the Dawn by M.L. Buchman

I Own the Dawn (The Night Stalkers, #2)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Pages: 404 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Military
Series:  The Night Stalkers-1
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's
Name: Archibald Jeffrey Stevenson III
Rank: First Lieutenant, Dap Hawk Copilot
Mission: Strategy and execution of special ops maneuvers

Name: Kee Smith
Rank: Sergeant, Night Stalker Gunner and Sharpshooter
Mission: Whatever it takes to get the job done

You Wouldn't Think It Could Get Worse, Until It Does...

When a special mission slowly unravels, it is up to Kee and Archie to get their team out of an impossible situation with international implications. With her weaponry knowledge and his strategic thinking, plus the explosive attraction that puts them into exact synchrony, together they might just have a fighting chance.

My Review:

Military romances are a bit of a mixed bag with me. It's very rare that I find an absolutely amazing one. Usually they all fall into the "meh" category. This one, I do have to admit, is on the much higher end of "meh" for me.

I liked Kee. I did. But there was just something about her that didn't work for me. I just couldn't make a connection to her. I tried but there was a disconnect. At times, she just came across as immature but I did grow to like her more towards the end of the book. I loved Archie. He was definitely a bit of the strong, silent type but also very sweet. A definite contrast to Kee. The contrast helps this book along quite a bit because an alpha hero would just have overwhelmed me.

I blasted through this book. I think I finished it in one go in about three hours. Not exactly my quickest reading time but close. I absolutely loved the military aspect of it. It's the part that I was expecting to struggle with but I absolutely loved it. Kee and Archie had this very, and I don't even know if I am using the right word, normal sort of chemistry. It wasn't intense like I see in most romance novels but I felt like it was something that could happen in real life. The only issue I had with the book was Kee. I had moments of intense like for her but then I would have moments where I would be absolutely okay if she fell off of a cliff.

Overall, I did like this book in spite of my troubles with the heroine and I will be searching out the first book.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio