Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, August 27, 2012

Review: A Little Mischief by Amelia Grey

A Little MischiefPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402239807
Pages: 320 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical
Challenges-
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's
Summary 
How can a lady avoid a scandal...

Just as Miss Isabella Winslowe is finally achieving comfortable respectability, the fascinating and decidedly unrespectable Earl of Colebrooke inconveniently appears...

When a gentleman is so determined to flirt...

The darkly handsome Daniel Colebrooke is intrigued and alarmed when an alluring young lady arrives at his door in need of assistance. In a moment of impetuosity, Daniel decides he must keep a close watch on Isabella, and what better way than to strike up a not–so–innocent fliration...

Together they'll cook up more than a little mischief when a disappearing dead body and a lascivious scandal spins their reckless game entirely out of control.

My Review:

Amelia Grey has long been one of my favorites. I was looking forward to this one because I knew it was a reissue of one of her old titles and I have always been a bit curious about them. I always intend to buy them and always forget. I did like this one but I do have to say that I prefer her newer releases for reasons that I am not yet sure of. Perhaps by the end of typing out this review I will have figured it out.

Isabella was one of those easy to love heroines. She was smart, strong and had none of those obnoxious traits that make me want to strangle other heroines. Our hero, Daniel, on the other hand, got on my nerves just a little bit. Daniel was a great hero, don't get me wrong, but he treated Isabella like crap for most of the book. He was convinced she was a bad influence on his sister with little proof. He just made assumptions and ran with it.

I pretty much blasted through this book. I finished it in an hour and then read it again. So I guess you can say I really did like it. Perhaps not as much as I liked the other books I have read by Amelia Grey but good enough that reading it twice in succession was no hardship at all. I also really liked the mystery. It was a big part of the plot and, while I did feel that it over-shadowed the romance, for the most part I liked it and found it highly entertaining. I also usually like my romances a bit more angsty and not so frothy so it surprised me that I liked this as much as I did. I do wish that the romance had played a much bigger role---because I am a bit of a romance fanatic.


1 comment:

  1. Romances are my guilty pleasure, and I also agree to liking them more when angsty. I like there to be tension between couples. I've seen books by this author, but haven't ever given them a try. I'll definitely try soon!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio