Search Me!


Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BBAW Day 2: Shining a Light on You!

This is a sign that I must stop my self-imposed Twitter exile. I plumb forgot about BBAW. And I am sad. I will have to interview myself (scary prospect) because just found out about BBAW right this very moment.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?-Not usually. I usually read in the very early mornings right before I go to sleep so no eating. But when I read during the day, I drink tea and munch on granola or cereal.
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? I don't write in books. It's one of the many rules I have. I tend to lose it if I see writing in one of my books.
How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? I use Tarot cards as bookmarks. They come in bulk and are often quite pretty. 
Laying the book flat open? Breaks the binding and is very very bad.
Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Fiction with Non-fiction in very low doses. 
Hard copy or audiobooks? Hard copy. Never got into audiobooks. 
Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? I once made my dentist allow me to read while he was filling a cavity because I needed to finish a chapter. I think he liked it because he found that it kept me from trying to make a run for it. 
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? I usually make a post-it note. 
What are you currently reading? The Lady Risks All by Stephanie Laurens
What is the last book you bought? Passions of a Wicked Earl by Lorraine Heath
Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? One at a time but I finish two or three a day so it moves pretty quickly. 
Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? I like to read in the hours between 3 and 5 am. That's right before I fall asleep...and I am a bit of an insomniac. 
Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? Series. Especially romance series where you get variety but stay in the same world with the same characters.
Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Kaylie Jones. A Soldier's Daughter Never Cries is one of my favorites.
How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) I don't. I am a trained librarian and the organization system in my home library is nil. It's sad. 

Also, if you feel like it, go enter my giveaway for two books by Olivia Cunning


  1. Tarot cards would be interesting bookmarks.

  2. A wonderful interview, it's such a great way to learn more about the bloggers/blogs we follow - I am sound asleep between 3&5am so I feel for you being an insomniac.

    Thank-you for sharing :)

  3. Great self-interview! I'm afraid I had to Tweet your dentist-tale into Twitter-sphere (with a link to your blog) - it's so funny!

    I'm also careful with books. No writing, no spine-breaking and also I like to carefully turn the page so I don't get creases in them.

    1. I'm glad you liked it and shared. I only wish it was less true. He's asked me to bring a book with me to my next appointment.

  4. Yes, your dentist tale is one of the best things I've read!

  5. I love the dentist answer...pretty cool.

    I usually don't eat when I read...I might drink tea.

    Have a terrific fun week. I will have to join this next year.

    Silver's Reviews

  6. I have to interview myself as well.

  7. I participated in BBAW 2012 this year! I'm so glad I found it. I too interviewed myself. Enjoyed the post.




Blog Template by In Between Design Studio