Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review: In Rides Trouble by Julie Ann Walker

In Rides Trouble (Black Knights, Inc., #2)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402267169
Pages: 311 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Military
Series: Black Knights, Inc-1
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's
Summary 
Rebel with a Cause

Becky "Rebel" Reichert never actually goes looking for trouble. It just has a tendency to find her. Like the day Frank Knight showed up at her door, wanting to use her motorcycle shop as a cover for his elite special ops team. But Becky prides herself on being able to hang with the big boys-she can weld, drive, and shoot just as well as any of them.

Man with a Mission

Munitions, missiles, and mayhem are Frank's way of life. The last thing the ex-SEAL wants is for one brash blonde to come within fifty feet of anything that goes boom. Yet it's just his rotten luck when she ends up in a hostage situation at sea. Come hell or high water, he will get her back-whether she says she needs him or not

My Review:


This book proves why continuing with a series after a disappointing first book is always a good idea. This one was amazing. As I expected it would be after I learned that it was about Frank and Becky, my favorite characters from the last book.

I loved Becky from the last book. She's a gearhead which predisposes me to loving her intensely. But she is also one of the most capable heroines I have ever come across. She was kidnapped by Somali pirates and never lost her head. She was brave and smart throughout it all.Frank, and I do have a difficult time with his name because Frank is my Father's name and that is just weird to me, was a bit of a stubborn ass. He put himself and Becky through so much needless angst because of his worries over an age difference. I wanted to smack him upside the head but I did like him quite a bit.

With many series, you can jump right in at the second book and be fine. This is not one of them. In my opinion, there is so much continuation from the first book with very little rehash that it is nearly impossible to dive in cold. Plus, the whole beginning of Becky and Frank's story happens in the first book. It's a good book so it's not really a trial but still, you need that first book. I do have to admit that I loved the angst in this book and the unrequited love tension. I do love my books to have a bit of heartfail and this one definitely does. I also really loved the kidnapping plot and the action scenes were spectacular.

I can't wait for the next book and I am hoping for a book about Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio