Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Review: Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas

Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)Publisher: St. Martin's Press
ISBN:0312351674
Pages: 372 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Series:  Travises-1,2
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary 
Billionaire playboy, and all-around ladies’ man, Jake Travis has a reputation as big as the state of Texas. He drives too fast, lives too hard, and loves too many women to count.

In her advice column, and her love life, Ella Varner is always practical. So when she’s left holding her reckless sister’s baby, she decides to ask Jake Travis to take a paternity test.

Ella is instantly struck by Jake’s bold good looks and easy charm—but she’s not falling for his sweet talk. This big sexy tomcat needs to take responsibility for his actions, and Ella’s making him stick to his word. Now if she can only ignore the unspoken attraction that smolders between them…
My Review:

I am not usually into novels with a baby focus. I have an unnatural fear and dislike of them. I don't find them cute or sweet and I tend to avoid them. But I figured that if Lisa Kleypas wrote it, I should give it a chance.

I liked Ella. I identified with her quite a bit in the beginning of the book. I am not one of those girls that has ever wanted to get married or have children and neither was Ella. Until she came across Jack and Luke that is. I did love watching her fall in love with the both of them. Luke was alsoone of the cutest book babies every. I am not the type of girl to coo over a baby but Luke had me going gaga. Jack has always been my favorite of the Travis brothers (aside from Joe who deserved his own book but never got one). He's an alpha with a scampy and naughty side. He was a bit of a playboy but I liked him.

As I said, I am not a big fan of babies. At all. But I did love Luke. It was easy to get over my pathological dislike of babies because Luke was super adorable. I also loved the dynamic that Luke's presence created between Ella and Jack. I did want Ella's mother to get hers because she was quite the jackass. I also love that Tara wasn't demonized because motherhood wasn't for her.

There is one thing that really detracted from this series for me...the lack of a book for Joe. Why was he not deserving of a book? I think he was. He was my favorite brother. He was just as important as the others. This series, without a book for Joe, just felt like a whole lot of middle. If Kleypas ever reevaluates and writes a book for Joe, I may reconsider this series but if not, it's not even close to my favorite of her series. I am not sure if I would rather she return to historicals or write Jack's book but either one would be lovely.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite in this series was Blue-Eyed Devil.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio