Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, October 1, 2012

Review: Charming Blue by Kristine Grayson

Charming Blue (Fates, #8)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402263740
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Fairy Tale
Series:   Fates-1,3,4,5,6,7,8
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year Challenge 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's
Summary: 

Welcome to the fractious fairy tale world of Kristine Grayson, where the bumpy road to happily ever after is paved with surprises...

He lived through ages with the curse of attracting women...who end up dead...

One upon a time, he was the most handsome of princes, destined for great things. But now he's a lonely legend, hobbled by a dark history. With too many dead in his wake, Bluebeard escapes the only way he knows how—through the evil spell of alcohol. But it's a far different kind of spell that's been ruining his life for centuries.

How will she survive this killer Prince Charming?

Jodi Walters is a fixer, someone who can put magic back in order. She's the best in Hollywood at her game. But Blue has a problem she's never encountered before—and worse, she finds herself perilously attractived to him.
 

My Review:

I have been waiting for Bluebeard's story for quite some time. I loved him in Wickedly Charming and have been looking forward to his book. I do have to say that I wasn't completely disappointed at all.

Jodi was a passable heroine. I liked her but there were just some aspects of her personality that made me want to rage-scream. She was, perhaps, one of the whiniest heroines I have ever come across. She was the epitome of "Debbie Downer." I just didn't know what to do with her. Blue was okay. I mean, he was a bit whimpy. I kind of knew he would be but perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood for him. I expected him to get a bit better as the book went on--and he did--but not enough. He did break my heart quite a bit though. 

I have been looking forward to this particular book for so long that it is difficult to admit that certain parts of it disappointed me a little.  But I had such high expectations that I think anything short of brilliant would have been a disappointment. I did like the mystery. It was very well done. It kept me coming back and interested when the characters frustrated me. I do wish that there had been a bit more "steam" to this one. It read like a YA and when there is a shirtless man on the cover of my book, I tend to expect a little more spice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio