Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Review: Forever My Love by Lisa Kleypas

Forever My Love (Berkley-Faulkner, #2)Publisher: Onyx
ISBN: 0451401263
Pages: 416 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series: Berkley-Faulkner-1
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Krazy Kleypas Reading Challenge, Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

HER LIPS SOFTENED AND CLUNG TO HIS, SEEKING THE WARMTH AND TASTE OF HIM. HIS TONGUE FEATHERED AGAINST HERS, AND SHE SHIVERED WITH A CRAVING MORE POWERFUL, MORE URGENT, THAN HUNGER OR THIRST ...

Exquisitely beautiful Mira Germain was only eighteen when she made her bargain with the wealthy, powerful, elderly Lord Sackville. He would keep and protect her, and she would let him flaunt her as mistress to hide his shameful personal secret. Mira tried to keep her word, even when she met the handsome Alec Falkner, the Duke of Hamilton, as experienced in passion as Mira was innocent. But in his arms, desire was more powerful than any promise or pledge ... as she learned to be a woman who would dare everything for love ...

My Review:

I may be the only reader on the planet who loves Lisa Kleypas' bodice rippers as much as her more recent historicals. I actually think I may prefer them a little bit. Forever My Love was especially good.

I loved Mira from the first book. She was one of my favorite characters in Where Passion Leads and I was looking forward to her story. She was just as amazing as I expected. She is now the "mistress" of a much older man. She is strong and smart. I found it quite easy to identify with her and like her. Alec was also great. He was much more of an alpha hero than Rand from the previous book was even though his behavior was slightly better. Just slightly because he had some of the dumbish characteristics that Rand had but not in a violent way. Alec has the distinction of sleeping with other women in the book. Not exactly a black mark on his character to me but other readers may find this to be an issue. He was also a bit judgmental of Mira for having been the mistress of Lord Sackville. 

This is not my favorite Lisa Kleypas novel but it was definitely a good read. I loved both Mira and Alec. They had great chemistry even if at some points it wasn't the most smooth of sailing. I enjoyed the plot progression. Nothing was over dramatic as you sometimes see with earlier romances. I did get a bit frustrated when the heroine from the previous book, Rosalie, blew through this one and kind of took it over. I wanted to tell her to go away. It wasn't necessary and, even though I cared about her while reading Where Passion Leads, my focus was on Mira and Alec and I wanted to tell Rosalie to take a hike. I do like seeing previous characters in series but not so much. 

Just a note, I would not recommend reading this without having read Were Passion Leads first. I tried and I was lost until I read the previous book. 

7 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOOOOOOVE Lisa Kleypas!!! I haven't read any of her early works but I have read some of her historical romance (The Hathaway series *sigh*) and her modern romance (The Travis series). I am adding this book to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Definitely give this series a go. They are a bit hard to find though. I lucked out because my mother had copies :)

      Delete
    2. Wow, you weren't kidding. Amazon has the book for about $574!

      Delete
    3. Used it's $15 (and Where Passion Leads is $13). Not much cheaper but cheaper than almost $600. If you do buy it from there go with Better World Books. I fangirl them.
      Both books in the series are also being sold on Ebay together for $30.

      I probably should note in my review that they are very hard to find :(

      Delete
    4. Yeah...that would be a lot cheaper than the $600. I need to head over to ebay.

      Delete
  2. I asked for a book by her for Christmas! It'll be my first foray into Kleypas romance novels, but after this review, I'm looking forward to it ;)
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! Lisa Kleypas for Christmas sounds lovely. All of her books are amazing. Especially Dreaming of You. Every romance reader needs to meet Derek Craven. He may surpass Darcy as my favorite hero of all time.

      Delete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio