Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Review: Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight by Grace Burrowes

Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight (The Duke's Daughters, #3)(Windham, #6)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402268637
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series: Windham-1,2,3,4,5
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: PublisherAmazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

'Tis the Season for Scandal...

Years ago Lady Louisa Windham acted rashly on a dare from her brother, and that indiscretion is about to come to light. She knows her reputation will never survive exposure. Just as she's nearly overwhelmed by her dilemma, Sir Joseph Carrington offers himself to her as a solution...

But Sir Joseph has secrets as well, and as he and Louisa become entangled with each other, their deceptions begin to close in on them both...

My Review:

Grace Burrowes is quickly joining my list of favorite romance authors. She never fails in writing an amazing romance. Never. Seriously, if she writes a novel that I don't love to bits and little pieces, I will be shocked. This one was no different. I loved it. 

Louisa reminded me of my favorite heroine in the series, Sophie. She had that same spirit about her. She did not have one obnoxious or Mary Sueish moment. That is a rarity. She had an independent spirit about her that I really liked. She was not willing to bow to other's expectations. Also, she's a math wiz--completely foreign to me but I do love a brainy heroine who doesn't feel bad about being smart. Joseph was a treasure of hero. At first, I wondered if I was going to like such an unassuming hero because I am used to (and prefer) the louder style of rakes and rogues. But I pretty much immediately fell in love with him because he is just that much of a good guy. He's genuinely a good guy--kind, generous, and completely accepting of Louisa. I wish I could find more heroes like him. 

I loved just about everything about this book. Usually, I come away with some sort of criticism but I couldn't find anything that I would change. Joseph and Louisa were a refreshing couple. They had such a sweet and normal relationship. There was no overblown drama between them and that, somehow, made it all the better. The lack of angst was surprisingly perfect. I tend to like my drama in romance novels so it's actually kind of surprising that I liked the lack of it so much. I also absolutely loved Joseph's daughters. I would have no problem at all reading a book about them terrorizing Louisa's brothers. The small glimpse of that in this one was worth the price of admission. 

Needless to say, I am waiting on pins and needles for the next book which looks to be equally amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio