Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Review: Forward Passes by Jami Davenport

Forward Passes (Seattle Lumberjacks, #2)Publisher: Boroughs Publishing Group
ISBN: 9781938876080
Pages: 284 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Sports
Series:  Seattle Lumberjacks-1
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012,  Sports Romance Challenge 2012, Romance Reading Challenge 2012, E-book Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

Quarterback Tyler Harris is about to find the woman who can get past his defensive line and reach his heart.

With two championships in as many years, superstar Tyler Harris is the best quarterback in the league. Gorgeous and rich, he’s at the top of his game. But everyone’s looking to take him down. There’s a building media frenzy around an unfortunate accident, and the only safe place seems a rundown mansion deep in the San Juans and owned by his late great uncle. There, Tyler gets sacked by the sassy redhead next door. It’s more alive than he’s felt in years.

Lavender Mead has a good reason to dislike jocks, namely an absentee father who deserted the family to coach college football. Maybe that explains her penchant for bad boys who play ball for a living and break hearts for a hobby. Her new neighbor seems just the type. Yet, something is different about Tyler, and sometimes love requires a Hail Mary. You draw back your arm, pray…and give it all up to fate. And sometimes you win your ring.

My Review:

I am a big sports fan. I am not a football fan at all but any romance about an athlete will likely appeal to me. I haven't read many but I was really excited about this one. I should probably note that I know next to nothing about football. 

I really like Lavender a lot. She was extremely likable and very easy to identify with. She was also a very well-rounded character with a very interesting backstory--and some very good reasons not to date jocks. I am not usually a very big fan of football players. At all. They usually come off as spoiled and egotistical to me. But I really liked Tyler. He wasn't at all like that. He did have alpha tendencies. But I like that. Alpha tendencies are a good thing. He also had some jerk tendencies. But again, I liked that. It's probably a flaw but I don't care.

I did not read the first book in this series so I entered kind of blind but I didn't find myself lost at all. It was a very easy story to get into. Mainly because of the chemistry between Tyler and Lavender. It was perfect. They bickered and bantered and I just love that. Neither was willing to give an inch. Their conflicts also weren't just for the drama factor. There was no needless angst which I really appreciated. I also really appreciated that the story wasn't really dependent on football knowledge at all--because I have none. 

I found this book to be an especially enjoyable read. It was fun and quick---like with many books, I breezed through it in an hour. I will be going back and reading the previous book in the series. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting Jami today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I love Sports Romance- can't wait to try this new author out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, Thanks for having me and thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio