Search Me!


Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review: Only With Your Love by Lisa Kleypas

Only With Your Love (Vallerands, #2)Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0380761513
Pages: 416 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:  Vallerands-1
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Krazy Kleypas Reading Challenge, Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


Celia Vallerand fears for her life as she stares into the deep, arresting eyes of the dashing man who purchased her from the brigands who had abducted her. But it soon becomes clear that it's her virtue, not her life, that's in danger. The rugged, powerful renegade known only as "Griffin" arouses desires in Celia as dangerous as they are forbidden. And though she knows she must resist him, she fears she may be unable to do so.

But the magnificent adventurer is a man trapped in a perilous deception. And the shocking secrets he guards could deny him the love of the fair captive lady who has enslaved his reckless heart.

My Review:

I loved the first book (Only in Your Arms--and When Strangers Marry). Throughout that whole book, I was hoping and praying for a book about Justin, the naughty twin. I am so happy I got it because it was GOOOD. 

I am a bit surprised that I liked this book as much as I did because I kinda disliked the heroine. She had a tendency to get herself into trouble for no reason at all. And not a little bit of trouble--a lot of trouble. She was foolhardy and reckless. She also had a bit of the obnoxious. But, I do have to admit that she was the perfect match for Justin. I love pirate heroes and Justin may be one of my favorites. I loved seeing his character growth from the last book to this one. He was a tough nut to crack but his growth from the naughty boy in Only in Your Arms to the dashing yet rakish pirate hero in this one was amazing to watch.

I loved this book. Intensely. Justin was the perfect hero and Celia was tolerable. Usually, my dislike of a heroine (or hero--but mostly heroine) will taint my feelings about the main couple but it didn't this time.This one did have some elements of bodice ripper but not too much--some of the love scenes are a bit controversial. And seriously, if you're reading a romance from the 80s and early 90s, you really should expect some elements of the bodice ripper and please, for the love of all that is good, stop complaining about it. It's like drinking tequila and complaining about the buzz.   Only With Your Love is on my Lisa Kleypas Top Ten and Justin is on my Favorite Heroes list. It is that good. If you can find a copy, read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio