Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: Warrior Reborn by Melissa Mayhue

Warrior Reborn (Warrior, #2)Publisher: Pocket Books
ISBN:1451640889
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Paranormal/Highlander
Series:  Warrior-1
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Romance Reading Challenge 2012, E-book Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: PublisherAmazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

Former special ops agent CHASE NOBLE has been searching his whole life for the place where he belongs. As a descendant of Fae, he senses fate has more in store for him. And he will not rest until he discovers what his true purpose is. When he travels back in time to medieval Scotland, he discovers his mission is to save a beautiful woman—the same woman he is destined to be with.

CHRISTIANA MACDOWYLT possesses the gift of foresight. Prisoner of her evil half brother, Christiana has visions that show her that only one warrior can rescue her—a man she is mysteriously drawn to. The only problem is, he’s in the future. Now she must rely on the magic of a fairy to transport him to the past. And when Christiana finally meets Chase, the sparks between them set off a smoldering desire. But will the magic that brought them together also tear them apart?

My Review:

Just a note, I read this book during the blackout after Hurricane Sandy hit the NYC tristate area. It was the one thing that kept me sane because it was terrible. 

I really liked Christiana a lot. First of all, her name is awesome but Christiana was also very strong, brave and smart. She also has premonitions. Usually premonitions in a heroine equals "Mary Sue" but not with Christiana. It was easy to like her. She was written in the way you want to see a heroine written. I also really liked that for once it was the hero who time traveled not the heroine. I liked him. He was not necessarily alpha but strong enough. I do prefer my alphas but I did like Chase.

I really did like this book quite a bit. Almost as much as I loved Warrior's Redemption. It wasn't as angsty but I did like it. I loved the way that the fae were brought into the story and thought it was very uniquely done. Christiana and Chase did have great chemistry but I did enjoy that the romance was not a huge focus of the storyline. That is very unusual for me. As is loving a time travel romance. Lately, I have been reading and liking more of them. I do, however, recommend reading the first book in the series first because I without you would be a bit lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio