Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, November 5, 2012

Review: A Wedding in Apple Grove by C.H. Admirand

A Wedding in Apple GrovePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402268998
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: PublisherAmazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

Welcome to Apple Grove, Ohio (population 597), where everyone has your best interests at heart, even if they can't agree on the best way to meddle. When the townsfolk of Apple Grove need handiwork done, there's no job too small for the Mulcahy sisters: Megan, Caitlin, and Grace.

Specializing in hard work and family loyalty, tomboy Meg Mulcahy has left behind any girlhood dreams of romance. Enter newcomer Daniel Eagan, looking to bury his own broken heart and make a new start. He's surprised-and delighted-by the winsome girl with the mighty tool belt who shows up to fix his wiring.

But Dan's got a lot to learn about life in a small town, and when Meg's past collides with her future, it may take all 595 other residents of Apple Grove to keep this romance from short-circuiting.

My Review:

I kinda love C.H. Admirand's books. Nothing makes this city girl happier than a good ol' small town romance. Except for historical romances---but that's just me.

I cannot tell you how much I loved Meg. I cannot even tell you why really which is sad because this is a review--it's really the point of the whole operation. But she was so refreshingly normal. I felt like I could meet her in the supermarket. That's always a good thing. I liked Daniel, too. I definitely felt for him. His former best friend and fiance were cruel, evil sneaky snakes. I did have moments of wanting to smack him for how he treated Meg at times. He did tend to run very hot and cold. 

I love Apple Grove. Can I live there? The people seem so lovely and kind. I loved each and every one of those nosy, busybody people. I loved Daniel and Meg together. They frustrated me at times with the back and forth. But they just worked well together. The secondary romance was equally as amazing. Mitch and Honey B. were almost as intriguing as our lead couple. I want a book about them even though I know that's not possible. I can't wait for the next books in this series. Especially Grace's book. I am a weakling for namesake books. 

3 comments:

  1. Great review. What would you say the heat level is on this book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say very high. There were definitely some secy scenes but nothing too bad.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this book too, Meg and Daniel wore a great couple to read about.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio