Search Me!


Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Review: Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks

Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)Publisher: Ballantine Books
ISBN: 0345533232
Pages: 372 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Highlander
Series:  The Montgomerys and Armstrongs
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Romance Reading Challenge 2012, E-book Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


Eveline Armstrong is fiercely loved and protected by her powerful clan, but outsiders consider her “touched.” Beautiful, fey, with a level, intent gaze, she doesn’t speak. No one, not even her family, knows that she cannot hear. Content with her life of seclusion, Eveline has taught herself to read lips and allows the outside world to view her as daft. But when an arranged marriage into a rival clan makes Graeme Montgomery her husband, Eveline accepts her duty—unprepared for the delights to come. Graeme is a rugged warrior with a voice so deep and powerful that his new bride can hear it, and hands and kisses so tender and skilled that he stirs her deepest passions.

Graeme is intrigued by the mysterious Eveline, whose silent lips are ripe with temptation and whose bright, intelligent eyes can see into his soul. As intimacy deepens, he learns her secret. But when clan rivalries and dark deeds threaten the wife he has only begun to cherish, the Scottish warrior will move heaven and earth to save the woman who has awakened his heart to the beautiful song of a rare and magical love.

My Review:

Maya Banks is my absolute favorite Highlander romance author. She is. Other authors come close but her books just wow me every time. Never Seduce a Scot is close to the top of my favorites. 

Eveline was such an amazing heroine. She was possibly one of my favorite heroines in my recent memory. She was strong and smart but never obnoxious. Many heroines who stomp about like spoiled three year olds could learn a thing or two from her quiet dignity. She may not come off a super-strong but she was scrappy. Graeme was equally awesome. No one writes a Highlander hero like Maya Banks. Graeme could have easily been a brute but he wasn't. He was kind and gentle and treated Eveline with the utmost respect. He was protective of Eveline even before he loved her and a true gentleman. He was perfect. 

This is probably one of my favorite Highlander romances. I'm not even kidding about that. I couldn't put it down. I only put it down long enough to make myself a cup of Salted Caramel Tea...and I was supposed to be doing other things. But none of those other things got done because this book was awesome. It had three of my favorite things 1)an arranges marriage 2)enemy clans a'fighting 3)a chieftan hero. It was perfect. The chemistry between Emeline and Graeme was so sweet, the storyline was unique and interesting and I kind of love Emeline. I am anxiously awaiting the next book in this series. 

I highly recommend Never Seduce a Scot to anyone looking for a great Highlander romance--it won't disappoint. 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read too many of these type of novels, but a strong female lead is definitely a great factor! I hate annoying female characters too. Great review.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio