Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Review: Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas

Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2)Publisher: Avon
ISBN:038077352X
Pages: 373 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:  Gamblers-1
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Krazy Kleypas Reading ChallengeRomance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

She stood at danger′s threshold--

then love beckoned her in.

In the shelter of her country cottage, Sara Feilding puts pen to paper to create dreams. But curiosity has enticed the prim, well-bred gentlewoman out of her safe haven--and into Derek Craven′s dangerous world.

A handsome, tough and tenacious Cockney, he rose from, poverty to become lord of London′s most exclusive gambling house--a struggle that has left Derek Craven fabulously wealthy, but hardened and suspicious. And now duty demands he allow Sara Fielding into his world--with her impeccable manners and her infuriating innocence. But here, in a perilous shadow-realm of ever-shifting fortunes, even a proper "mouse" can be transformed into a breathtaking enchantress--and a world-weary gambler can be shaken to his cynical core by the power of passion. . .and the promise of love.

My Review:

I cannot tell you how many times I have been told that I must read this book and that Derek Craven was an epic hero.  Hundreds of times probably.  I held off - --because I'm wrong about life.  Once I started reading, I needed I was wrong about life in general.  This is one of the best romances I've ever read.

I love that we met our heroine, Sara, when she is engaged in rescuing our hero from his attackers.  She's awesome.  She kills a man in the first chapter.  When does that happen?  I love her transformation throughout the book from a brave but completely willing to be browbeaten woman to a someone that would not be dominated.  I loved her - --as much as I loved Derek.  It is very rare that a heroine lives up to a completely awesome hero.  I loved Derek in the last book.  He was one of the highlights.  I have never encountered a hero quite like him.  He was very rough around the edges, very gruff, not well-spoken and not educated but was a strong, capable self-made man.  Very.  There was something so vulnerable and sweet about him. It wasn't exactly expected but it was completely welcome.

This is a book that only Lisa Kleypas could write and write it well.  It was perfect.  I loved everything from the very rough and not so well spoken hero to the all their heroine living in a gambling hall. Derek and Sara had such amazing chemistry and they're just so perfect together. It could have been so bad in the hands of someone not Lisa Kleypas but it wasn't because this IS Lisa Kleypas after all and we know it's going to be good.  I can even think of anything I didn't like.  If that makes me a bad book reviewer, I really don't care.  Seriously.  Best romance ever. I almost wish that this series had been longer.  Both books were amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio