Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, December 28, 2012

Review: A Seal at Heart by Anne Elizabeth

A Seal at HeartPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402268904
Pages: 315 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

He Lost Just About Everything On That Mission....
Being a Navy SEAL means everything to John "Red Jack" Roaker, but a mission gone wrong has left his buddy dead, his memory spotty, and his world turned upside down. His career as a SEAL is threatened unless Dr. Laurie Smith's unconventional methods of therapy can help him.

Maybe She Can Show Him How to Get it Back...
Laurie's father was a SEAL—and she knows exactly what the personal cost can be. She can't resist trying everything to help this man, and not only because she finds him as sexy as he is honorable.
As the layers of Jack's resistance peel away, he and Laurie unearth secrets that go to the highest levels of the military— and the deepest depths of their hearts...

My Review:

I am not one of those people who need an awesome cover to like a book. But sometimes covers can leave me a bit apprehensive about starting one. This is one of those times---it just seemed a bit "blah" to me. But, let me tell you, this book is great. 

I liked Laurie a lot. She was a great heroine. She wasn't the most unique or spectacular but I did like her. And I loved her relationship with Papa Gich. So sweet. Now Jack is a hero highlight. I loved him. Heroes with PTSD almost aways appeal to me. I don't know what that says about me but they do. But Jack was a great hero either way. He was strong but kind and vulnerable at the same time. 

I loved this book. It was unexpected but it was almost perfect. The chemistry between Laurie and Jack was perfect, the writing was great and the secondary characters were interesting on their own. Books about SEALS are some of my favorites but I really love ones about the aftermath of war. I guess because battle scenes were never really my thing. I wasn't able to put this one down once I started. I finished it in a couple of hours. That is always a sign of a really great book.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio