Search Me!


Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas

Then Came You (Gamblers, #1)Publisher:  Avon
ISBN: 038077013X
Pages: 371 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:  Gamblers
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Krazy Kleypas Reading Challenge, Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


Reckless and wild, beautiful Lily Lawson delights in shocking proper London society - and will break any rule to flaunt her independence. And now she is determined to rescue her helpless sister from an upcoming, undesired marriage to Lord Alex Raiford, the arrogant Earl of Wolverton. Through fair means and foul, the headstrong hellion succeeds outrageously - but her handsome adversary is not to be outdone. A master gamesman, Lord Alex counter's Lily's scorn with kindness, and parries her blistering barbs with gentle words and a soft, sensous touch. For he has resolved to make the spirited miss pay dearly for her interference - with her body, her soul...and her stubborn, unyielding heart.

My Review:

Can Lisa Kleypas do no wrong? I don't think she can write a completely terrible book. I didn't like this one as much Only With Your Love but it was definitely good. 

Lily was a bit difficult for me. She had good reasons for all that she did but she could have had more sense about it. I did think she was one of the most vivacious and brave heroines I have ever encountered. I loved Alex. I loved the cold and broody heroes and Alex definitely fits that description. I did not like some of how he treated Lily but for the most part, I liked him. I loved this book. 

As always, Lisa Kleypas' writing is nearly flawless. I did have some trouble with Lily but I always do when the heroine has "why the hell did you do that?" moments. But I did grow to love her. I also liked the secret child plot and how it was executed even though, most of the time, the secret baby plot makes me want to pull my hair out. Definitely highly recommended. Especially because this book introduces Derek Craven...and that is not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio