Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Review: Trouble in Texas by Katie Lane

Trouble in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #4)Publisher: Forever
ISBN: 145551571X
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Western
Series:  Deep In the Heart of Texas-1,2,3
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

THERE'S A FOX IN THE HENHOUSE

Inheriting the most notorious house of ill repute in Texas can spell trouble for a girl's reputation . . . especially when she's Elizabeth Murphy, Bramble's prim and proper librarian. Yet when she discovers a buck-naked cowboy handcuffed to a four-poster bed, she forgets all about the town gossips. Elizabeth has sworn off men, but the stranger's kisses melt her resolve faster than ice cream on a hot summer day.

Waking up in Miss Hattie's Henhouse isn't how Brant Cates reckoned on getting to the bottom of his great-granddaddy's murder. The plan was to solve the centuries-old crime, then get the heck out of Dodge. But after meeting Elizabeth and discovering that the buttoned-up beauty is a sexy siren in disguise, he just can't pull himself away.

Now Brant needs Elizabeth to finally put his past to rest, but is she willing to risk her future on Bramble's newest bad boy?

My Review:

I was looking forward to this one. First of all, I will read any book that features a librarian. And second, the series title is Deep in the Heat of Texas--every time I see that I hear Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory and that makes me happy. 

Elizabeth was definitely an interesting heroine. She was intelligent and self-sufficient. I liked that she was the one with the sure-hand. She had her head on straight and never fumbled. I liked Brant too. He may not go on my favorite heroes ever list but I did like him. He was a bit too "businessman" for my tastes. But I liked that, in spite of his all around togetherness, Brant came across as the iffy one in places. It's usually the heroine cast as the unsure one. 

This book was a mixture of so many great things. The chemistry between Elizabeth and Brant was great. They never got boring or predictable. They played off of each other nicely. I also loved the humor. I often found myself laughing out loud while reading this book. The hens, three awesome old ladies and residents of Hattie's, were hilarious--they are people I would love to meet. I would like to be just like them when I grow up. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that our main couple added to that humor. This was such a fun and lively book. I will definitely be picking up the other books in this series when I need a good laugh or a pick-me-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio