Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Author Interview: Anne Barton, author of When She Was Wicked

Thank you for stopping by Books Like Breathing. Please tell us a bit about When She Was Wicked.
 
It’s my pleasure to be here! When She Was Wicked is sort of a Cinderella story. A penniless seamstress tries to blackmail a wealthy duke—and gets caught in the act. He offers her an alternative to prison and she of course takes it, even though it means she’s forced to live under the same roof as he for a few months.
 
2. Who would you cast as Anabelle and Owen? And why?
 
I think Jennifer Lawrence would be great as Anabelle, because like Katniss Everdeen, Anabelle exudes strength, loyalty, and passion. Owen’s extremely dedicated to his work and protective of his sisters. Hmm, let’s go with Chris Hemsworth. :)
3. Is there anything special that you must do when you're writing? Anything that particularly inspires you?
 
Not really. I like to write at my desk, in relative quiet. But that hardly ever happens! I write wherever and whenever I can.
 
4. Can you give us a hint about your next book? What are you working on now?
When She Was Wicked (Honeycote, #1)
Once She Was Tempted comes out in the fall. It features Daphne, Anabelle’s sister. Everyone thought Daphne was the sweet, innocent sister, but it turns out she has a couple secrets of her own...and they could be the scandal of the season. Right now I’m working on a story featuring Olivia, Owen’s wild and irrepressible sister.
 
5. Lightning Round:
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Author who inspires me the most: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite TV Show: Downton Abbey
Word I wish would disappear from the English language: literally
Favorite Word: freakish
Favorite Movie: The Princess Bride
Place I would most like to visit: Florence, Italy
If I was granted three wishes, I would wish: 1) that no child went to bed hungry; 2) that we all were kinder to each other; and 3) for literacy and access to books for all. (I’m pretty sure that the third wish would help with the first two!)
 You can find Anne Barton on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads and at annebarton.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio