Search Me!


Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Review: For the Love of a Goblin Warrior by Shona Husk

For the Love of a Goblin Warrior (Shadowlands, #3)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402262094
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Fantasy
Series:  Shadowlands-1,2
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


In a Faraway Land...
There lived a man who was trapped—his only companions a horde of goblins consumed by their lust for gold. He thought he was lost forever, thought that no one would ever remember he'd been noble.
A Fearless Warrior.
Now he has been thrust into the human world once again, but so much has changed. How can he ever be rid of the darkness after so long in the Shadowlands?
It Starts with Dreams of a Castle...
And a woman who takes his breath away and makes him forget the pain of his past. He knows he must protect her at all costs. And perhaps in saving her, he can finally learn to love again.


My Review:

I kind of love this series. It's one of my favorite fantasy romance series out there. Goblins are something I haven't come across a lot in my reading and I don't normally think of them as heroes. Probably because goblins bring to mind the Gringott's goblins from Harry Potter. But it really does work. Especially in this series.

I really liked Nadine. I don't think she goes on my favorite heroines list but she was definitely a good one. It was easy to identify with her and she measured up well to the awesome that is Meryn. I have been waiting for Meryn's book from the beginning of this series. He was my favorite of the three and he still is. He started out the book still deep within his goblin-ness but I really liked watching his progress as he acclimated to 21st century life. He was also rather unexpectedly sweet which I really appreciated because I have been reading many rakes and rogue romances lately.

I love this series. And when I started I didn't think I would because, well, goblins. They are all Gringott's goblins in my head. But this series drew me in from the first book and it has only gotten better. I loved that the focus in this one was almost solely on the development of the relationship between Nadine and Meryn. There were no distractions because their chemistry drove the story. If they didn't have amazing  chemistry this book would have been quite the bore but thankfully they were great together. 

I loved this book. I really hope that this series continues because I love the goblins. But I will continue to read whatever Shona Husk writes because she's awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio