Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Review: Midnight Angel by Lisa Kleypas

Midnight Angel (Stokehurst, #1)Publisher: Avon
ISBN:0380773538
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:  Stokehurst-2
Challenges- 100 Books In A Year 2012, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2012, Krazy Kleypas Reading Challenge, Romance Reading Challenge 2012
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

A noblewoman of frail beauty and exotic mystery fakes her own death to escape the gallows. And now she must flee. In disguise and under a false identity, she finds unexpected sanctuary in the arms of a handsome and arrogant yet gallant British lord—who must defy society to keep her safe . . . and overcome a tragic past to claim her as his own.

My Review:

I have this huge backlog of Lisa Kleypas reviews. I read them all this summer but I haven't found time to review all of them. And I loved most of them. I was really excited for this one because, as with most Lisa Kleypas books, I had heard very good things but I found myself mildly disappointed.

Tasia was a bit of a challenge for me. She had all of the traits that I often love in heroines. She was strong, smart and level-headed but she irked me at times. Mostly stemming from her religious beliefs. Not that I am against having them but she was quite hypocritical about them. Apparently, her faith was okay with sexing up a man before marriage but drew the line at sleeping in the same bed as him when married. Maybe I am wrong and that is normal behavior but the girl just confused me. Luke was awesome. He had a bit of the Beast or Mr. Rochester going. He is a good guy but he is scarred both physically and emotionally and becomes bitter. I loved him. I love the nasty and broken heroes. I also loved how he put up with Tasia's crazy--for the most part---with patience and tolerance. 

I think this may have been my first ever romance about a Russian hero or heroine. I could be wrong but I think it is. I find that I quite like it. It's a nice break from the typical. I loved both Tasia and Luke even though, on her own, Tasia befuddled me. This is definitely not my favorite of Lisa Kleypas' books or even of this series but in a pinch, it'll do. I do think if I was less annoyed with Tasia, I would have a much higher opinion of this book. 

 

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio