Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, January 14, 2013

Review: The Officer Breaks the Rules by Jeanette Murray

The Officer Breaks The Rules (Semper Fi, #2)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402265433
Pages: 336 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Military
Series:  Semper Fi-1
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

Some Rules Are Meant To Be Broken
He's Ruled by Loyalty...
Every man knows that you don't date your best friend's little sister, but Captain Jeremy Phillips can't seem to be convince Madison O'Shay to stay away. And he can't convince himself to stop thinking about her, either.

She's Ruled by Love...
Madison knows exactly what she wants...and whom. But she won't give up her career in the Navy for any man, not even Jeremy.
They're both about to learn that in the game of love, it's all about breaking the rules.

 

My Review:

I am in a reading slump. Even the books I like are taking me forever to finish. This one took me over a week to finish and I liked it. A lot. But for some reason every book I read is being polluted by my epic slumpiness. 

I liked Madison a lot. She was very normal and down to earth. She's the type of character that I can imagine meeting and liking in real life. I do wish she had been a little less forgiving of Jeremy. I think he should have been left to suffer for a little. He had moments of pure annoyance where I was screaming "Man Up!" at my book. I can't understand why a grown man would be willing to let the woman he loved go because his Daddy has expectations and the girl happens to be his BFF's sister. C'mon. Man up. Daddy and big brother pressure is just not hero behavior. I just wanted him to be a big boy and tell them where to shove it. 

I liked this book a lot. It took me a while to get into it. But I think that's my own failing rather than anything wrong with the book. Even a good book cannot combat my reading slumps. And this one may be my worst reading slump ever. It's going on over two weeks.  I loved the chemistry between Jeremy and Madison. It was very will they/won't they and it was so angsty at times. The secondary romance between Dwayne and Veronica was also great and I am awaiting their book very anxiously. I also loved that while this book was about people in the military, it was very much about their everyday lives which I greatly prefer over action sequences.
 
 Overall, I really enjoyed this book. The hero gave me fits at times but I loved the heroine. I am already fangirling the next book.

1 comment:

  1. Online General Education Development (GED) preparatory courses receive enrollees 24/7. But before you commence clicking on the necessary admissions buttons, how about an overview of what you can expect? The usual period for completion of an online GED course is one year. However, the most comprehensive of online courses available take much longer to complete than others. A long-term module could take as long as two years. Once you have decided that you are in 100%, the sky is the limit. You’re a full-time student once again even without a classroom and strict class hours. And one of these days, you’d be answering your first GED pre test online and wringing your hands for good results.

    ged books 2011

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio