Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne by Jayne Fresina

The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402266006
Pages: 402 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:   Sydney Dovedale-1
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

WHEN A SCANDALOUS LADY...
By night Ellie Vyne fleeces unsuspecting aristocrats as the dashing Count de Bonneville. By day she avoids her sisters' matchmaking schemes and dreams up torments for her childhood nemesis—the arrogant, far-too-handsome-for-his-own-good James Hartley. Her latest prank: "winning" the Hardey diamonds in a card game from James's mistress.

STEALS FROM A NOTORIOUS RAKE...
James finally has a lead on the thieving Count de Bonneville, tracking him to a disreputable inn. He bursts in on none other than the brazen, irritating, nearly naked Ellie Vyne. Convinced she is the count's mistress, James decides it's best to keep his enemies close. Very close. He must get those diamonds back, and seducing Ellie will be the perfect bait.

IT CAN ONLY END IN A WICKED WEDDING

 

My Review:

I am still in the midst of my epic reading slump of 2013. Will it ever end? It's now bleeding into my reviewing because you can't review what you have yet to finish reading. Luckily, I have managed to finish some books and The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne is one of the ones I have managed to finish in the last month. 

I don't quite know what to think of Ellie. I didn't while I was reading and I don't now while typing out this review. She had moments of pure obnoxious but there were times where she was the most relatable and likable heroine. She was foolhardy at times but suddenly towards the middle of the book she becomes a heroine that I actually wanted to read about. James was a bit of a putz but, to be honest, they both were. So in that way they were perfectly matched. I did like that he was kind of a scamp--it was difficult for me not to like him.

I liked The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne. I did. It did frustrate me at some points. For instance, the reason for Ellie and James' rivalry struck me as quite ridiculous and juvenile. They were ridiculous and juvenile when the rivalry started but for it to continue into adulthood was a bit extreme--but understandable because I can hold a grudge like nobody's business. I also got quite exhausted by the games they played with each other. Maybe I am getting old but I would not have had the energy for all that. I really did like this one. The characters were lively and vibrant and Ellie and James had such amazing chemistry. There was also a nice touch of humor that I really appreciated. I will definitely be following this series. I can't wait for the next book, Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I like the synopsis and the cover. Think i'll go for this one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I really did enjoy this one and the previous book.

      Delete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio