Search Me!


Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review: Cowboy Tough by Joanne Kennedy

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402265522
Pages: 373 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Western
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


She's hardly a cowgirl...

Cat Crendall left a successful advertising job in New York to teach art workshops in the wild west. The Boyd Ranch is hardly her dream destination, but if the outing's a success, the company will send her to more exotic locations.

But once a cowboy...

Mack Boyd was in the middle of the best bronc-riding season of his life when his mother asked for help with an artists' retreat at the ranch. Mack might be able to ride a wild stallion to a standstill but he can't say no to his family.

Cat and Mack are complete opposites...but when the ranch is threatened financially, can they set aside their differences and work together?


My Review:

One of the constants in my life is that I will love Joanne Kennedy's western romances. That is no different with Cowboy Tough. I loved it.

Cat was one of those characters that I made an instant connection to. She was smart, independent and very easy to relate to. She's also quite strong. I've been reading a lot of weepy heroines lately and she was such a nice departure from that. Mac was equally as amazing. He was tough as you would expect a rough and tumble cowboy to be but he also was very kind and sweet. And he's a mama's boy which this Italian girl loves.

I loved this book. It's a pretty standard western contemporary romance but it's done very very well. It almost broke me out of my reading slump...until I got the flu and went right back into slumpage. The chemistry between Cat and Mac was amazing. I really wasn't expecting them to have such great chemistry but they did. They were perfect. I also loved the bits of humor. I've had a bit of a rough month so any chuckle I could find was welcome and appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio