Search Me!


Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Review: The Earl in My Bed by Sophie Jordan

The Earl in My Bed (Forgotten Princesses, #2.5)Publisher: Avon Implulse
ISBN: 0062222465
Pages: 100 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Novella
Series:  Forgotten Princesses 1,2
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Barnes and Noble, Indiebound, Powell's


Intended for one man…

All her life, everyone assumed Paget Ellsworth, the vicar’s daughter, would marry the Earl of Winningham’s youngest son. And when he left for war with his older brother, Jamie, words and promises were not necessary. She would wait.

But destined for another…

Four years pass, and the death of his father forces Jamie home to take up the reins as the new earl, leaving his brother fighting on the front lines a world away. Maddening, infuriating, sexy Jamie makes Paget question her feelings. One glimpse, one word from him awakens desire in her heart. When a simple kiss spirals out of control at the annual Valentine’s Day ball, she realizes the man she never wanted is the man she needs…but will Paget cast aside all she’s ever thought to be true to win the man of her dreams?

My Review:

I am not one for reading novellas or short stories. I've never liked them. Since they used to make us read anthologies of them in school. But if Sophie Jordan is writing it, I'm reading it. I have to admit I'm a little bit of a fangirl and I am not ashamed at all.

Paget was such a great heroine. She was very easy to relate to and, even though this is a novella, I really felt as if I really got to know Paget. I also disliked Jamie almost as much as Paget for much of the book. I loved Jamie too. Even though I wanted to throttle him for how he treated Paget in the past. But, then again, I empathized with him because the reasons for his treatment of Paget are so heartwrenching.

I loved this book. A part of me wished it was longer but then the realistic part of me realized that any book about these two would be almost too long and too drawn out with the angst. This novella was the perfect length. Long enough to tell the story and get to know the characters but short enough to be satisfying. I was also pleased at how three dimensional Jamie and Paget were. I really felt as if I got to know them. I am really looking forward to Owen's book and I hope that Paget and Jamie feature in his story.

Also check out Sophie Jordan's Top 5 Heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio