Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review: A Howl For a Highlander by Terry Spear

A Howl for a Highlander (Heart of the Wolf, #10)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402258933
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Shapeshifter
Series:  Heart of the Wolf-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

A Highland Wolf on a Mission...
Duncan MacNeill is hell-bent on catching the thief who's stolen the clan's fortune and run off to Grand Cayman Island. Duncan has rarely left his homeland and he couldn't care less about an island paradise. He never expected to find a beautiful distraction who will show him just how appealing paradise can be...

Meets a Dangerous Distraction...
Lone wolf and botanist Shelley Campbell headed to the island to study the old growth forests. She didn't count on meeting a handsome Highlander who can't keep his paws off her.

 

My Review:

Terry Spear has been one of my favorite paranormal romance writers for a while but for some reason her latest books just haven't worked for me. I felt much the same about this one. I liked the concept but I found myself wandering while reading and it took me forever to get through.

For some reason, I was never able to make a connection with either Shelley or Duncan. I think that's part of the reason I had trouble getting through this book. Shelley was an okay heroine. I liked her. She was smart and interesting but I just couldn't seem to make a connection with her. I did like Duncan quite a bit. He was such a strong character and I always love my Highlanders...and my shapeshifters.

I have been reading this series on an off from the beginning. I don't know why but the latest ones I've read haven't really worked for me. They come with so many aspects that I love, like Highlanders and shapeshifters, but somehow fall a bit short. I did like the progression of the romance. It wasn't insta-love but paced very well and the writing, as always with Terry Spear, was excellent. I think my disconnect with this series lately stems from my jumping around with this series. I may have to go back and reread.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio