Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Lady Eve's Indiscretion by Grace Burrowes

Lady Eve's Indiscretion (The Duke's Daughters, #4) (Windham, #7)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402263805
Pages: 416 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:   Windham-1,2,3,4,5,6
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

Lady Eve's Got The Perfect Plan

Pretty, petite Evie Windham has been more indiscreet than her parents, the Duke and Duchess of Moreland, suspect. Fearing that a wedding night would reveal her past, she's running out of excuses to dodge adoring swains. Lucas Denning, the newly titled Marquis of Deene, has reason of his own for avoiding marriage. So Evie and Deene strike a deal, each agreeing to be the other's decoy. At this rate, matrimony could be avoided indefinitely...until the two are caught in a steamy kiss that no one was supposed to see.

 

My Review:

On my list of favorite authors, Grace Burrowes is very high on the list. She has never disappointed me. Not once. Each of her books gets better than the one before it. I was really looking forward to Evie's book and it lived up to every one of my expectations.

I really liked Eve. She was easy to identify and empathize with. Her recovery from her traumatic riding accident was truly heartbreaking. I thought she may have had PTSD but I'm not in any position to diagnose anyone with anything so that's just my gut. Lucas was perfect. He was the combination of strong and sweet hero that just works so perfectly. Eve and Lucas bicker a lot but Lucas also seems to be very in tune with Eve and her needs.

I may just have to declare myself a Grace Burrowes fangirl now. I don't think she will ever write a book that I don't love. This one was no exception. I loved Eve and Lucas. They had such amazing chemistry. They bickered like an old married couple but there such a sweet connection between them. The romance was also perfectly paced and there was, as always, a nice bit of drama. As always, Grace Burrowes can write circles over most romance authors. I love her writing style. It's crisp and clean and borderline perfect. Yeah, I'm a fangirl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio