Search Me!


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Review: Waking Up With a Rake by Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe

Waking Up with a Rake (The Royal Rakes, #1)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402272405
Pages: 346 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series: The Royal Rakes
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


The Fate of England's Monarchy Is In The Hands of Three Notorious Rakes.

To prevent three royal dukes from marrying their way onto the throne, heroic, selfless agents for the crown will be seduce the dukes' intended brides. These wickedly debauched rakes will rumple sheets and cause a scandal. But they just might fall into their own trap...

After he's blamed for a botched assignment during war, former cavalry officer Rhys Warrick turns his back on "honor." He spends his nights in brothels doing his best to live down to the expectations of his disapproving family. But one last mission could restore the reputation he's so thoroughly sullied. All he has to do is seduce and ruin Miss Olivia Symon and his military record will be cleared. For a man with Rhys's reputation, ravishing the delectably innocent miss should be easy. But Olivia's honesty and bold curiosity stir more than Rhys's desire. Suddenly the heart he thought he left on the battlefield is about to surrender...


My Review:

I will read just about any book Connie Mason writes. She has been one of my favorites since I was a kid--yes, I was reading romances as a kid--and her collaborations with Mia Marlowe are no different. I loved Waking Up With a Rake.

Olivia was such a great heroine. It was very easy to relate to her. She was a genuinely nice girl. So many times, the heroines come across as women I would not want to meet in real life but Olivia seemed like someone I could have a friendly chat with. That sounds crazy but it's true. Rhys was such a rake. And that is not a bad thing, folks. It's very good. His transformation throughout the book was quite remarkable. He started out as this borderline slimy rake with not so nice intentions and ended up honorable if a bit scampy.

I breezed through Waking Up With a Rake. It's quite an accomplishment because I have been in an epic reading slump since Christmas and nothing, not even my favorites, has been able to break me out of it. But I finished this one in an hour. The chemistry between Olivia and Rhys was epic amazing. Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe also injected the perfect amount of angst into this one. It's not too much angst but just enough to keep me happy. I loved this one and will definitely be reading any books this duo writes.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio