Search Me!


Thursday, March 21, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday (March 22nd)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Reviews Posted:


Q: What is your guilty pleasure as far as reading? Is it a genre, or is it a certain type of book?

I have a BIG HUGE guilty pleasure when it comes to my reading habits. I love bodice rippers. The really old ones where the hero does Very Bad Terrible Things—like cheating on the heroine after he forced her to marry him after he kidnapped her from her abusive evil step-mother who lived in a brothel-- and often gets away with them. Oh and sometimes on very special occasions they even include time-travel. Yay!They are the most baudy, over-dramatic things in the world but I love them. Also, basically, if the hero behave really badly, I will love him more.


  1. Oh my goodness, I've never read one of those. I read my first romance novel three years ago. I had no idea they were so fun! I just added you through google+ and bloglovin'. Here's my FF.

  2. Hehehe!! Sounds just fine to me ;) Lol!!

    Come and check out my FF
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

  3. Sounds...hehehe...I kind like those too *mumbles*

    My FF

    (INT) Giveaway! Win a signed copy of Unravel me and Warner T-Shirts

  4. I've read those a lot when I was a teenager! ;)
    Now, I'm into a bit more realistic romances.

    Your blog picture is really beautiful.

    New follower via GFC!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

  5. Thanks for stopping by Cherie Reads! I'm your newest follower via GFC, G+ and Bloglovin'.

  6. I thought I was the only one! I love the newer historical romances, but every now and then I read an older one which is like how you've described.
    I love your blog title picture!
    I'm a new GFC follower
    My FF

  7. LOL BODICE RIPPERS!!! I love historical romance novels - that's actually what I said for my post! :D

    New Linky follower!

    Here is my FF post!

  8. Great answer and new follower! Amazing blog here :)

    Happy Reading!
    My FF:



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio