Search Me!


Monday, March 18, 2013

Review: How to Deceive a Duke by Lecia Cornwall

How to Deceive a Duke Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0062202413
Pages: 373 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


Lecia Cornwell wowed readers with her historical romance debut, Secrets of a Proper Countess, which Publishers Weekly called a "seductive read." This hugely talented author has launched an enchanting new series with How to Deceive a Duke, a captivating Regency romance featuring a lady who stands in for her runaway sister as the Duke of Temberly's bride—a deception the duke will exact a passionate price for from his new wife! Writing in the tradition of bestselling authors such as Lorraine Heath and Elizabeth Hoyt, Lecia Cornwell is sure to satisfy fans of sensual and smart historical romance.

My Review:


I have been a bit remiss in my reviews lately. 2013 has been very busy and crazy so far but life has begun to calm down so I should be back to a regular blogging and reviewing schedule in the soontime.

I read How to Deceive a Duke a while ago and it stuck with me. There are just some books that appeal from the first page. How to Deceive a Duke was one of them. It did not disappoint not one bit.

I loved Meg in the way that I wanted to protect her. She had been overlooked by everyone (including the hero) because she's supposedly plain. The poor girl. It's difficult not to want to jump into the book and kick everyone for being mean to her but I was glad to see her come into her own (if a bit late). She was, perhaps, one of the strongest and bravest heroines I have ever come across. Nicholas is quite the different story. I had the great desire to scold him very sternly for how he treated Meg. And quite frankly, he treated the dirt on his shoes better than he treated his wife. But somehow, I did like him for the most part. He eventually came around.

I loved this book. I sat with my Nook for hours straight reading this one. The chemistry between Meg and Nicholas was just amazing—even though their story was full of confrontations, bickering and heartfail. Lecia Cornwall's writing style is just delightful and she can wring emotion from a scene like no one else. I haven't read any of her other books yet but I will because she's amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio