Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, March 25, 2013

Review: If You Give a Rake a Ruby by Shana Galen

If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2)Publisher:Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402269765
Pages:352 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:   Jewels of the Ton-1
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

  Summary:

Her Mysterious Past is the Best Revenge...
Fallon, the Marchioness of Mystery, is a celebrated courtesan with her finger on the pulse of high society. She's adored by men, hated by their wives. No one knows anything about her past, and she plans to keep it that way.
Only He Can Offer Her a Dazzling Future...
Warrick Fitzhugh will do anything to protect his compatriots in the Foreign Office, including seduce Fallon, who he thinks can lead him to the deadliest crime lord in London. He knows he's putting his life on the line...
To Warrick's shock, Fallon is not who he thinks she is, and the secrets she's keeping are exactly what makes her his heart's desire...

 

 

My Review:

Shana Galen's The Making of a Gentleman was one of my reading highlights of a couple of years ago and I have loved each one of her books since then. This one pretty much keeps with that trend because I loved this one.

I liked Fallon. I didn't think I would because she came across as a bit frivolous at the start but she grew on me. I found her to be likable and easy to empathize with. She had a tragic past and you just felt for her. I also didn't like Warrick initially. He came across as quite slimy and sneaky. But again, his tragic past let to a vulnerability, a crack in the armor and that made him likable.

I loved the mystery in this one. It didn't overwhelm the romance at all and the storyline was very balanced. The chemistry between Fallon and Warrick was great even with all the focus on the mystery. Their connection was intense and their interaction lively and interesting. The one thing that did not quite work for me with this one was the ending. It was a bit of a cliffy with the mystery. I like a good solid ending with my romances and I did not get that here. I will be anxiously awaiting Lily's book because I am not a patient person.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio