Search Me!


Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Review: Bite Me, Your Grace by Brooklyn Ann

Bite Me, Your Grace (Bite Me, Your Grace, #1)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402274440
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Paranormal
Series:   Bite Me, Your Grace
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


London's Lord Vampire Has Problems

Dr. John Polidori's tale "The Vampyre" burst upon the Regency scene along with Mary Shelley's Frankenstein after that notorious weekend spent writing ghost stories with Lord Byron.

A vampire crazy broke out instantly in the haut ton.

Now Ian Ashton, the Lord Vampire of London, has to attend tedious balls, linger in front of mirrors, and eat lots of garlic in an attempt to quell the gossip.

If that weren't annoying enough, his neighbor, Angelica Winthrop has literary aspirations of her own and is sneaking into his house at night just to see what she can find.

Hungry, tired, and fed up, Ian is in no mood to humor his beautiful intruder...


My Review:

I have been on a bit of a historical kick for a while. I needed a break. Not a big one but something just different enough. This was perfect because it was a historical but had a paranormal twist to it which I loved.

Angelica was one of my favorite heroines that I have come across lately. I loved her bookworm tendencies and her spunk. I also admired her desire to raise hell to spite her mother and society's expectations. I loved Ian. Ian was the perfect hero to start a series with because he was likable with a bit of an edge. He had sensitivity and depth of character that I really appreciated.The chemistry between Angelica and Ian was tender in spite of their conflicts. Their personalities meshed so well. Angelica had a stronger personality than I expected and Ian was much more sensitive and they complemented each other so well.

 I loved just about everything about Bite Me, Your Grace. I have been in one heck of a reading slump but I read this one in a couple of hours, in one sitting. I loved the addition of John Polidori. I read The Vampyre in college in a Gothic Literature class and loved it (seriously download a copy. It's free to download from most places). The way Polidori and his novel were written into Bite Me, Your Grace was absolutely brilliant. And Polidori got a much better ending here than he got in real life.
I HIGHLY recommend Bite Me, Your Grace. If you like Lydia Dare's books, this one will definitely appeal. I can't wait for the next book. I hope it's about Rafe.


  1. Thanks for the kind words! Rafe's book will be book 3, however, we get to see more of him in book 2. :)

    1. I can't wait. Thanks for stopping by!

  2. I love Lydia Dare's books so I am sure that this book would be right up my alley! Thanks for an awesome review. I love your blog, and I am your newest follower :)

    I would love it if you would stop by my blog and follow too!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    1. Thank you for following! I love your blog too. Just added it to my Feedly and followed.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio