Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: Dangerous Illusions by Amanda Scott

Dangerous IllusionsPublisher: Open Road
ISBN: 1480406414
Pages: 482 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical
Series:  Dangerous
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

The first book in Amanda Scott’s acclaimed Dangerous series journeys from the battlefields of Waterloo to the ballrooms and boudoirs of London, where a deadly deception unfolds . . .

Engaged by proxy to a man she’s never met, Lady Daintry Tarrant is dismayed when the war hero returns, introducing himself as her fiancĂ©, Lord Penthorpe. She cherishes her independence and has turned away many suitors, but this one she must marry. Penthorpe is completely captivated by Lady Daintry—but he’s not who he claims to be.
 
Penthorpe and Lord Gideon Deverill fought together at the battle of Waterloo, and when Penthorpe fell, Gideon assumed his identity in order to see the beautiful Lady Daintry. Gideon knows there’s bad blood between Lady Daintry’s family and his own, but he’s smitten with Daintry and determined to reunite the bitterly feuding clans. When a ghost from Gideon’s past appears, he could lose everything—including Daintry’s love.

 

My Review:

I love Amanda Scott's books. I don't think there is one that has been a miss for me. This one did take me a bit to get into but I did love it once I did.

I really liked Daintry. She was such a strong and vivid character in a not-overbearing way. She was a feminist and she was smart. I wonder how Daintry ended up so sensible with her blockheaded family. I really made a connection to her and I really didn't expect to. I loved Gideon as well. I didn't quite make the connection to him that I did to Daintry but I did like him and he was a great hero. Perhaps not a favorite but definitely good.

I was surprised at how much I loved this book once I got into it. It did take me a while but that was my fault. It was very stop and start reading and I am, quite frankly, not used to that. I loved Daintry and Gideon together. Both characters individually were great but together they were amazing. I also loved the historical accuracy in terms of women and how they were treated and expected to behave. I always appreciate a good bit of historical accuracy in my historical romance. In fact, Dangerous Illusions read to me more like a historical fiction and I really really liked that a lot.

I don't know if this goes on my favorite book list but I did enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio