Search Me!


Thursday, May 9, 2013

Review: Darius by Grace Burrowes

Darius (Lonely Lords, #1)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402278519
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:   Lonely Lords
Challenges- TK
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


Nicholas Haddonfield has something to hide...
After a wild youth, Nicholas Haddonfield, Viscount Reston, has promised his ailing father he'll finally take a bride, though doing so will force Nick to make impossible choices and face old, painful wounds.
Leah Lindsey is glad to find refuge from her own desperate situation in a marriage of convenience with the gallant viscount. But soon convenience is not enough, and Leah can't understand why Nick remains so distant. What is he hiding, and will he never allow her into his heart?
An extraordinary and passionate tale of courage tested and fears overcome. Once you enter the lush Regency world of award-winning New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Grace Burrowes, you'll never want to leave.


My Review:

Grace Burrowes is one of my go to authors. Actually, with this one she pretty much skipped to the top of the list. This book was that good. I loved everything about it...and instead of squeeing like a fangirl, I should tell you why I liked it, now shouldn't I?

Vivian was an ideal heroine. I very rarely say that about heroines because, most often, they annoy me but Vivian was perfection. Even when she did things I did not agree with, I still liked her because I could understand her motives and they came from a good place. They were never selfish or vindictive and I really liked that. And, if it's even possible, I loved Darius more. He was a bit broken and battered but he was oh so kind and honorable. There were just some passages in this book that just made me fall a little in love with him.

I loved this book. In case you couldn't already tell by my semi-pathetic ramblings. I knew Grace Burrowes was an amazing author but this one was just beyond. Everything was perfect...the writing, the story, the chemistry. Nothing fell short of splendid. Darius and Vivian were perfect together. Their connection was so tender when it could have been sort of sleezy. And I loved how William, Vivian's much older husband, was not made into the villain. He was a good and honorable man who only wanted the best for Vivian. He was just as much of a hero as Darius. I know this sounds strange but in most romances where the heroine is married already before meeting the hero, the husband is made out to be creepy, cruel, a dunderhead or a combination of those. Not so with William and it was a nice addition to an already lovely book.

The only issue I am having with this book is I cannot order the next book in print. I looked for Nicholas on Amazon and it takes a month or two for it to ship! I know I could get an e-book but I share books with my mother--she loved this one-- and she cannot read on an e-reader and it tends to give me migraines. I could see myself becoming really addicted to this series but a month between ordering and shipping is kind of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio