Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal by Jayne Fresina

Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal (Sydney Dovedale, #3)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402266030
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:   Sydney Dovedale-1,2
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

When a Perfectly Proper Lady...
Lady Mercy Danforthe always has a plan. It's what makes her such a successful matchmaker, and why she's obligated to spend a great deal of time generously organizing the lives of her friends and family. But there's one man beyond her help. One man whose recklessness she can't rein in; whose chaos she can't contain. Her ex-husband, Rafe Hartley. Her one—and only!—mistake.
Flirts with a Reckless Rogue...
Rafe has never forgiven Mercy for running out on him. Their hastily annulled marriage may have one lasted three hours, but that doesn't mean he needs her help finding a proper wife. Someone needs to teach little Miss Know-It-All a lesson about keeping her adorably freckled nose out of other people's business. And it just so happens that Mercy "Silky Drawers" Danforthe still owes him a wedding night...
A Scandal's Never Far Behind

My Review:

Beginning Babble-I really liked the first two books in this series. The witty humor and light and fun storylines are really appealing to me. They are a nice break from the drama and angst I usually prefer to read. I was also looking forward to Mercy's book. So I walked into this one with rather high expectations and they were sort of met.

Characters

Heroine: Mercy-She was completely not my type of heroine. She was a prissy, Type A kind of heroine and I just didn't like her. I couldn't make a connection to her and she just spent most of the book annoying me. She did have a charitable and kind nature but it was underneath a layer of stuck-up, snooty badness.

Hero-Rafe-I liked him. He was perhaps a bit too much of a rascal for me. He lacked a bit of depth. I also think this could be because I found his heroine to be highly obnoxious and found him to be lacking as well in response.

Chemistry-I think the rating could have been higher if Mercy was...different. She was just so far up her own rear end to really form a connection to her and therefore to her hero or the couple. And I think their previous marriage was just brushed over. It was used more for chuckles than drama and I feel that I was missed opportunity.

Chemistry Rating-

 Ending Babble-I absolutely love Jayne Fresina's writing style. Her books are always so light and the humor is always so witty. I just wish that Mercy would have been a bit less troublesome because I think I would have loved this book with a different heroine.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio