Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Review: A Little Night Mischief by Emily Greenwood

A Little Night Mischief (Mischief, #1)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402276311
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:  Mischief
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

Every Prize Comes with Complications...
A game of chance saves James Collington from the prospect of debtors' prison, and grants him ownership to Tethering estate. Little does he know that his winnings come with serious complications--not least of which is a beautiful but impoverished young lady who insists his new manor belongs to her.
If He Can't Stop Her, He Might as Well Join Her...
Felicity Wilcox is determined to run Mr. Collington off her land, Though James's charm and devilish good looks are a serious distraction. What she doesn't know is that she may be haunting him right back.

 

My Review:

Beginning Babble-I think Emily Greenwood may have a brandy new fangirl. Because I love loved this book. In a big way. I didn't really expect to love it as much as I did but I love it when a book surprises me and this one did.

Characters

Heroine: Felicity-I loved her. I loved how she went about driving James into a slow, painful place of insanity. Aside from the fake haunting of Tethering. That was stupid. Not because it was a bad idea but she shouldn't have done it herself...you'll see if you read the book. I did admire her attachment to her family home and her ability to stick with it and her strength in trying to keep her home and take care of it and her dullard of a father. 
 
Hero: James-I loved him too. First of all, his description was basically the perfect man. Floppy black hair, brown eyes. He kind of sounded like Flynn Rider from Tangled. He could have been quite unlikeable...he did kind of steal Felicity's home from her but he had his reasons and they weren't bad ones.

Chemistry-I loved James and Felicity together. They bickered and fought but it was easy to see their underlying affection for each other. Their connection in spite of their conflict was really impressive. And their verbal sparring was done so well.

Chemistry Rating-

Ending Babble-I really loved this book. To the point where I was up till early morning hours finishing it. This was sort of unexpected because the premise seemed a bit “Meh” to me but it may be my favorite book of June and it is definitely going on my favorites list. I will be awaiting more books from Emily Greenwood. The next one, Gentlemen Prefer Mischief, sounds just as good.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio