Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: If the Shoe Fits by Megan Mulry

If the Shoe FitsPublisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
ISBN: 1402270003
Pages: 313 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

The only thing worse than being in the spotlight is being kept in the dark...

With paparazzi nipping at his heels, Devon Heyworth, rakish brother of the Duke of Northrop, spends his whole life hiding his intelligence and flaunting his playboy persona. Fast cars and faster women give the tabloids plenty to talk about.

American entrepreneur Sarah James is singularly unimpressed with "The Earl" when she meets him at a wedding. But she's made quite an impression on him. When he pursues her all the way across the pond, he discovers that Miss James has no intention of being won over by glitz and glamor—she's got real issues to deal with, and the last thing she needs is larger-than-life royalty mucking about her business...
Beginning Babble: I really loved the first book in this series, A Royal Pain. It was such a fun read and I couldn't wait to read this one. I really liked both Sarah and Devon in the previous book and was curious to see how their romance developed.


Characters:


Heroine: Sarah-I really liked Sarah. Not as much as Bronte but close enough. She was more lively. I also appreciated that she was ambitious and wanted Devon to maintain some distance from her career.

Hero: Devon-Like with Sarah, I preferred Max from the previous book. Devon was very bright and shiny in that rascal kind of way. I don't know why that didn't exactly work for me with him but it didn't. I did like that he was intelligent and did look out for Sarah's best interests.


Chemistry: I did like them together in spite of my troubles with Devon. They played well off of each other. They were more lighthearted than Bronte and Max and it worked well. They did have their big misunderstandings and a good amount of angst. I did feel as if the drama at the end was thrown in there to cause the big misunderstanding and was resolved, perhaps, a bit too quickly.


Chemistry Rating:


Ending Babble: If The Shoe Fits was a fun and quick read. I really appreciated the humor and the lightness. I have been reading very heavy books lately and it was nice to get a bit of a break. The only issue I had was my slight quibble with Devon and the big misunderstanding. Otherwise, this was a delightful read. I highly recommend this one and A Royal Pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio