Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Review: Once Upon a Tartan by Grace Burrowes

Once Upon a Tartan (MacGregor Trilogy, #2)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402268696
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Highlander
Series:   MacGregor Trilogy-1
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

Honor or happiness-he can't have both.

Tiberius Flynn may be every inch an English lord, but smart, headstrong beauty Hester Daniels has no use for his high-handed ways--no matter how handsome, charming, or beguiling he is. They only see eye to eye in caring about the feisty little girl who is under their protection.

Tiberius's haughty insistence that his wealthy estate in England is a better place for the child than her beloved, rundown Scotland home sparks Hester's fierce protectiveness, and the battle lines are drawn.

 

My Review:

Beginning Babble: I am, not quite surprisingly, a big fan of Grace Burrowes. She has yet to pen a book I don't like. The first book in this series was one of my reading highlights last year. So to say I had high expectations is a big huge understatement. But I am happy to say that this book exceeded all of my lofty expectations by leaps and bounds.

Characters:


Heroine: Hester-I have come across many a heroine with a ruined reputation in my day. It's kind of a thing in historical romance. So really, Hester should not be special. But Grace Burrowes wrote her in such an amazing way. She was strong, smart and kind. It was easy to empathize with her. She wasn't one of those weakling heroines either which I really appreciated.

Hero: Tiberius: He was very buttoned up at first. And given the task he was given, his buttoned up-ness was quite reasonable. But once he loosened up and began developing an adorable relationship with Fiona, I really began to like him. It is always difficult for me to like heroes (or heroines) who I feel let others boss them around. I really don't like lackeys.

Chemistry: This was more of a slow burn. They really didn't begin forming any sort of romance until the middle of the book. I really loved all of the subtle nuances of their relationship. And when the romance did start, the chemistry was....epic. Very few authors can build chemistry like Grace Burrowes.

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: I loved everything about this book. I even liked the child character and I never do. Fiona was such a lovely and lively child. I also loved the secondary romance between Tiberius' parents. It was so sweet and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio