Search Me!


Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Review: Paradise Valley by Rosanne Bittner

Paradise ValleyPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402280971
Pages: 341 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Western
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 20132013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


"Stop! Or I'll shoot your hat off."
Maggie Tucker has just gone through hell. Outlaws murdered her husband, looted their camp, and terrorized Maggie before leaving her lost and alone in the wilds of Wyoming. She isn't about to let another strange man get close enough to harm her.

Sage Lightfoot, owner of Paradise Valley ranch, his hunting for the men who killed his best ranch hand. But what he finds is a beautiful, bedraggled woman digging a grave. And pointing a pistol at his heart.

From that moment on, Sage will do anything to protect the strong-yet-vulnerable Maggie. Together, they'll embark on a life-changing journey along the dangerous Outlaw Trail, risking their lives...and their love.


My Review:

Beginning Babble: I am a big fan of western romances but I don't tend to read them that often. I sometimes feel as if the Western aspect takes a bit of a backseat to the romance and I just can't abide by that. That being said, I am happy I found Rosanne Bittner because this is the best Western I have read in a very very long time.


Heroine: Maggie-Maggie was perhaps one of the strongest heroines I have ever come across. She is a survivor pure and simple. She never cracks or becomes weak. She got angry and wanted revenge. The terrible things that happened to Maggie would have taken a weaker person down but not Maggie and I really liked that.

Hero: Sage-I also really liked Sage. He was a good guy and was very kind and protective. He also had the prototypical psycho ex-wife which made him a bit more interesting. I didn't make as much of a connection to Sage as I did to Maggie but I liked him all the same.

Chemistry: I really enjoyed Sage and Maggie together but, for some reason, the romance storyline falls a bit by the wayside. Don't get me wrong , they have great chemistry but the adventure kind of takes over. I really loved that.

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: I really loved this book. It was a true Western in the best way possible. The adventure was gripping, the characters well-written and likable and the baddies were very bad. I didn't mind that the romance kind of fell to the background because I was so interested in everything else that was going on in the story. I know my mother has other Rosanne Bittner books on her shelves and I will have to ask her to borrow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio