Search Me!


Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Review: Surrender to Sultry by Macy Beckett

Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402270429
Pages: 311 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Series:   Sultry Springs-1,2
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


Feeling the Heat
How do you stay under the sheriff's radar in a town that prides itself on knowing everyone's business? Leah's not sure it's possible, but she's determined to avoid Colton Bea for as long as she can. Seeing him again would be too heartbreaking-and she knows from experience his bone-melting kisses are way too tempting.

Colt still hasn't forgiven Leah for her sudden disappearing act ten years ago. He may no longer be the hellion he was in high school, but he's still willing to play dirty to get what he wants. And he won't let Leah get away again. Armed with chocolate ├ęclairs, a killer smile, and an adorable niece, he will make sure that this time the love of his life has plenty of reasons to stay.


My Review:

Beginning Babble: This series has consistently been one of my favorites. Usually series drop off for me but this one hasn't. It's to the point where I don't think Macy Beckett can write a book I don't love.


Heroine: Leah-She was a great heroine. There wasn't anything extremely extraordinary about her. But I think that's why she worked for me. She was extraordinary in her normality. Her normality made it much easier to empathize with her...her past with Colt was quite heartwrenching.

Hero: Colt-Colt could have come across really skeevy. And in the hands of a lesser author, he would have. But he wasn't. He was kind, gentle and a bit of a scamp. I did have moments where I wanted to smack him upside the head with a brick but, for the most part, I really liked him.

Chemistry: I think part of the reason this couple worked so well together is their past together. It gave their relationship depth. We got to understand their history as a couple and how different it was from the present. Both acted childishly in their past (and Colt had a moment there towards the end of the book) but it was easy to see the growth of the characters based on their history together.

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: I love this series for more than the amazing romance. The small town feel and the characters always feel extremely authentic. The secondary characters are lively and Sultry is a place I would want to live in. The only character that didn't really work for me is Colt's niece Emma who needed a lesson in manners and some discipline. I do not like bratty children in my romance novels...or real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio