Search Me!


Thursday, August 22, 2013

Review: Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning

Wicked Beat (Sinners on Tour, #4)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN:  1402245866
Pages: 416 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Erotica
Series:  Sinners on Tour-1,2,3,5
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


How Far Out Are Your Fantasies?

When Rebekah Blake becomes the Sinners' new soundboard operator, she has no idea that red-hot drummer Eric Sticks is the only man who can give her everything her dirty mind desires...


My Review:

Beginning Babble: This is one of my very favorite contemporary series. I am very sad to see it end. But I have been looking forward to Eric's book since the beginning of the series. He has always been my favorite of the Sinners.


Heroine: Rebekah-She started off well. Very well, in fact. She seemed smart, witty and likable. But, sadly, I ending up really disliking her. She started off the book with an obsession with Trey. To the point where I think that she never would have given Eric a chance if Trey didn't let Eric have her. And also that whole “let Eric have her” thing took away all of her agency. She didn't make the decision to pursue Eric, it was made for her. That part of her character just did not work for me.

Hero: Eric-As much as I did not like Rebekah was how much I loved Eric. He was such a good dude. He was sweet, friendly and kind but, of course, completely badass in a rock star kind of way. I really did like him and wanted to kick Rebekah for not realizing this right away. All in all, I thought Eric deserved a better heroine.

Chemistry: As much as I loved Eric, I just didn't buy into the relationship between Eric and Rebekah. If Trey had not left Rebekah to Eric, she would have been content to plod along after Trey. I never really believed she loved Eric, he was just convenient. He was the only one left. Trey passed on her and the others were in relationships. I think I would have loved this couple if Rebekah had not had an obsession with Trey. It makes her intentions and motivations suspect.

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: I really wanted to love this one. I really did. It's one of my favorite series and this one is dedicated to my favorite drummer of all time. But I just couldn't get into it. And I blame Rebekah because I loved the storyline and I loved Eric and I loved the rest of the Sinners but I abhorred Rebekah. I do think the other aspects of the book were well-done but I usually have trouble getting into a book if the heroine falls short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio