Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review: Cowboy Seeks Bride by Carolyn Brown

Cowboy Seeks Bride (Spikes & Spurs, #7)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402270216
Pages: 375 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Western
Series:   Spikes & Spurs-1,2,3,4,5,6
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013,2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

He's tough as nails and ready to ride...

Rancher Dewar O'Donnell is just an old-fashioned cowboy at heart, and he can't wait to reenact the historic Chisholm Trail ride with his buddies. The trial-run cattle drive for a reality TV show sounds like a great time - until H.B. McKay pulls up in her slick red sports car.

She's way out of her element...

Haley McKay is a feisty, high-powered businesswoman with the power suit and stiletto heels to prove it. She's keen to research her company's hot new idea for a reality TV show - but mount up with a bunch of modern-day cowboys? Are they kidding?

It's too late to back out now, so Haley sets out to prove that it will take more than snakes, storms, and stampedes to make her back down.

Besides, sleeping under the stars with Dewar O'Donnell could prove mighty interesting...

My Review:

Beginning Babble-Contemporary western romance is usually not one of my things but there are are few authors that I really enjoy in the genre and one of them is Carolyn Brown. Her novels usually are entertaining and a nice lighthearted break from my normal angstypants historical romance. I did like this one but it did not prove to be among my favorites.

Characters:


Heroine:Haley-I really did try to like her and at times I even managed it. Reality tv people in romances always present a challenge to me because I, most often see them as sleazy people. But Haley wasn't sleazy. For the most part, she was quite likable. She was feisty, smart and ambitious. She did have some moments of annoyance though.

Hero:Dewar-I liked him. I really did. If you're looking for a great cowboy type hero, Dewar is pretty much the prototype. He's strong in all those alpha sort of ways but he also has a fairly obvious sweet and sensitive side.

Chemistry:For some reason, this part of the story fell a bit short for me. Sure, I liked both Haley and Dewar separately but together their chemistry was “meh” at best. There was a kind of a disconnect there and I am sort of puzzling as to why...it also makes it kind of difficult to write a review.

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: In spite of my trouble with the chemistry, I always find myself really liking almost all of Carolyn Brown's books. They just have such a vivacity to them and this one was no different. The book was lively and interesting. I will definitely continue to read more of Brown's books even though this couple was not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio