Search Me!


Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes by Gina Lamm

Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402277628
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Historical
Series:  Geek Girls-1
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, Sports Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


The Royal Treatment

All Leah wanted was a little gallantry. But in this day and age, chivalry was most definitely dead. If only there were a way to travel back in time and snag her very own duke...

Avery Russell was polishing some boots when a woman fell through the bedchamber mirror into his arms. All he could make out from her breathless babbling was some nonsense about "my one true love, Your Grace." Clearly the chit was mad if she couldn't tell a valet from a duke!

As much as Avery wanted to give in and give her a good tumble, he knew it wouldn't be proper.
No, he'd take as long as necessary to convince Leah that sometimes a duke just won't do.


My Review:

Intro Babble: I absolutely loved the first book (TheGeek Girl and the Scandalous Earl). It was a fun and lighthearted read and I adored Jamie and Mike. I was so excited for this one.


Heroine: Leah-She was a bit of a dipstick but in a very tolerable, not offensive kind of way. She was so sure she was sent back in time for the Duke because it happened before so she ignored the completely awesome man who she was really meant to be with. It was obvious and she was oblivious. But otherwise I found her to be adorable and quite funny.

Hero: Avery-I think I liked him more because he wasn't a rich boy. He was a valet and a boxer. How awesome is that? It's not something you see least I haven't. But I loved him. He was a true gentleman in all the ways that mattered.

Chrmistry: Leah and Avery were amazing together. I was kind of disappointed when she jumped into the past and expected a Duke right away and didn't give Avery much of a chance. But she got over that rather quickly. Leah and Avery had just the right amount of sweetness and angst. Very balanced.

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: I am a complete sucker for time travel romances. I am one of the few that love them. And Gina Lamm writes excellent ones with humor and great storytelling. I absolutely loved that Avery wasn't a rich boy. It would have been so easy for Gina Lamm to write another Duke but she went in a different direction and I really loved that. He also had a bit of the Derek Craven complex which is almost as good as the Darcy complex. I can't wait for the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio