Search Me!


Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: The Rogue Steals a Bride by Amelia Grey

The Rogue Steals a Bride (The Rogues' Dynasty, #6)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402239777
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:  The Rogues' Dynasty-1,2, 3,4 ,5
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


A Promise Can Be a Terrible Thing

All heiress Sophia Hart's father wanted was for her to marry a gentleman with a title. She promised him on his deathbed she would do just that. But the only man Sophia wants to spend time with is Matson Brentwood, who makes up for the lack of a title by being dashing and decidedly dangerous. Since Matson crashed his way into her life and her heart, that vow to her father has become an awful burden.


My Review:

Beginning Babble-I love Amelia Grey's books. I have read many of them and each one of them has been excellent so my expectations were pretty high with this one. And for the most part, I really did like this book a whole lot.


Heroine: Sophia-I normally would have had so much trouble with Sophia. Women chasing titles and money just don't appeal to me especially if they make it obvious. Sophia is one of those. She's bound and determined to marry a rich and titled man but, what saved her for me, is that it wasn't out of blind ambition but out of a desire to keep a promise to her father. I can understand that. It did still annoy me at times but, for the most part, I was able to overlook it because her good qualities outweighed her bad ones.

Hero: Matson-I just really really liked Matson. He was kind and sweet and one of the most devoted heroes I have come across in a very long time. I mean what man would stick by a woman who rejects him because of a ridiculous promise. He was just a good guy.

Chemistry-It's not often I say this but even though I had some trouble with Sophia, I still really loved Matson and Sophia together. I think it was the hardship that made them better. I spent a great deal of time reading this book incredibly frustrated and wanting Matson to bail on Sophia but, in the end, I really liked them together. I guess that is a sign of really great chemistry. 

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble-I have to admit that it took me some time to get through this book. The writing and storytelling was fabulous as it always is with Amelia Grey. But it was Sophia. It took me so long to make a connection to her that I was more than halfway through the book before I could consider myself really engaged. But once I got there I really did love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio