Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Review: What the Bride Wore by Jade Lee

What the Bride Wore (Bridal Favors, #3)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 140228375X
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series:   Bridal Favors-.5,1,1.5,2,2.5
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 20132013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

When All is Lost
All Grant Benton, Earl of Crowle, can think of is restoring his family's fortune so he can go back to being a gentleman of leisure. But when he meets beautiful, purposeful Lady Irene Knopp, he begins to question whether there might not be a better way to live life after all...

What's Left is Desire
Lady Irene will never give up her fulfilling work dressing the most beautiful brides in England. She'd rather risk losing love forever than sacrifice her own life's purpose. Yet she has never met a more magnetic, attractive man than Grant. Trapped between the fleeting chance at love and passion for her work, is it possible she can have it all?

My Review:

Beginning Babble-I have been kind of overdosing on historical romances lately. They are my favorite. I give them quite a bit of preferential treatment in my reading list and I haven't read a Jade Lee novel before so I was really looking forward to this one. 

Characters:


Heroine: Irene-Irene was quite likable. I didn't really expect her to be. My initial feeling towards Irene were less than complementary but as the book when on, I began to like her much more. She was independent, smart and strong and it took me a while to get there but I really did end up loving her.

Hero: -I LOVED him. He was crackers. He hears voices in his head. And I could not have found that to be a better character trait. He also happened to be a pretty great hero on his own but when have you ever come across a hero who hears voices in his head? Never. At least not in a believable way.

Chemistry-I loved them together. They had such a nice chemistry and I really liked them together. They were both driven and intelligent characters and they worked so well together. I did think there was a bit too much back and forth especially on Irene's part. Make up your mind, lady. 
Chemistry Rating-

Ending Babble-I really did enjoy What the Bride Wore. Enough that I am planning on reading the previous books in this series (how did I miss them?). But it felt a bit slow going at the start. It took me a while to become invested in the characters and the storyline. It definitely got better as I got further into it. I loved the romance but the mystery moved a bit slowly for me...but it usually does. Overall, I really enjoyed this one. It started out slowly but rebounded quickly. I will definitely be adding Jade Lee to my auto-buy list--and her backlist looks AMAZING. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio