Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: Facade by Nyrae Dawn

FacadePublisher: Forever
ISBN: 145557631X
Pages: 304 pages
Genre: Romance/New Adult
Series:  The Games Series-1
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, The 2013 Literary Exploration Reading Challenge, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

 Can love save them?

After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is alright. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she's never been--and into the arms of Adrian Westfall.

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies man. But his playboy persona is just an act. Secretly his soul is tortured by a memory too painful to share. Only Delaney seems to see through his fa├žade to the real man underneath. And for the first time in his life, Adrian feels he can begin to open up about his past.

Together, Adrian and Delaney share a passionate, carefree love they never expected to find. Yet both still harbor their own secrets. When the dark truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together, or tear them apart forever?


My Review:

I am sorry this is so late. My computer was in a state of “don't turn on.”

Beginning Babble: I have to admit to a weakness to New Adult books. Quite different from my normal historical romance schtick but they are full of the angst I love. I didn't realize this at first when I picked up my first New Adult but I get it now. In a big way.


Characters:


Heroine: Delaney-I really liked her. At first, I didn't because I thought she was being deceptive to Adrian—and I was very protective of Adrian. I love that she had as many layers as Adrian. She's complex and it took me a while to figure her out. She also had very few moments of too stupid to live which was refreshing in a big way.


Hero: Adrian-As much as I loved Delaney, I LOVED Adrian. He seems very basic on first glance. A party boy with no depth. But it was a smokescreen. He has great depth to his character and I really just wanted good things to happen to him. He was just so heartbreakingly perfect—I may have to admit to a book hero crush.


Chemistry-They were perfect. In a completely rip your heart out way. They ripped my heart out, stomped on it and fed it to a hungry kitten. But I was completely okay with that as long as they ended up together. It was a big, huge, make me want to weep for a week-type of book.


Chemistry Rating-


Ending Babble: This book single-handedly made me fall in love with the New Adult genre. It killed me in the best way possible. I loved these characters and I wanted nice things to happen to them because they so desperately needed it. I also adore Nyrae Dawn's writing style. I have to read the first book in this series in a bad way. I can't wait for the next one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio