Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: True Spies by Shana Galen

True Spies (Lord and Lady Spy, #2)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402276028
Pages: 346 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series: Lord and Lady Spy-1,1.5 
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Summary:

He's Getting Tired of Deception...

Baron Winslow Keating is honor-bound to finish one last mission as an elite spy for the Barbican group even though he just wants to go home and be with his family. But after years of secrecy and absence, his daughters hardly know him and his wife has given up on him...

She Wants to Try a Little Intrigue...

Lady Elinor has had enough of domestic boredom. She contemplates an affair with a rakish spy, only to discover a world of intrigue and treachery that she never knew existed. Even more shocking, her neglectful husband is suddenly very attentive—quite the jealous type—and apparently there is much more to him than she ever knew...

 

My Review:

Beginning Babble: Spies are not normally my thing. I've never even seen a James Bond movie. But Shana Galen is one of my favorite authors so, I guess, spies it is. I really enjoyed Lord &Lady Spy so I was very excited to pick this one up and I think I love this one a bit more.

Characters: 
 
Heroine: Elinor-I love how strong she was. She didn't just fall all over herself when her estranged husband decided to spend time with her. She was not a pushover. She saw she was being treated badly and acted. It's difficult not to respect that.

Hero: Winslow-I spent the majority of the book hating on him a little. He was a putz. Who doesn't realize that it's not a good idea to leave a wife, for the most part, alone for the better part of their marriage without any love, affection, or attention?Apparently, Winn thought the idea was brilliant. It wasn't malicious and he had reasons but it's still not a nice way to get a husband into a wife's esteem. He was misguided and clueless but not a bad guy.

Chemistry: This one was quite interesting. They were married before and had a child. Their marriage was a fairly loveless one with Winn spending a good deal of time away. This was one of the most angsty and heartwrenching couples I have come across recently. Their journey towards a reunion was quite remarkable. It wasn't easy but getting there was quite interesting.

Chemistry Rating:


Ending Babble: I really liked this one. I enjoyed the angst. I always do. But I find that a good angsty romance is better when the hero and heroine have an intense connection and Elinor and Winn did. I also enjoyed the mystery and spy plots. They kept me interested and were very well done. I don't know if this one is going on my favorites list but it was definitely a great read and I am looking forward to the next one in the series. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio