Search Me!


Monday, November 4, 2013

Review: My Lady Quicksilver by Bec McMaster

My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk, #3)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 140227033X
Pages: 416 pages
Genre: Romance/Steampunk/Paranormal
Series:  London Steampunk-1,2
Challenges- 2013 150+ Challenge , 2013 Read-A-Latte Challenge ,Romance Reading Challenge 2013, 2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's


In the mist-shrouded streets of a steam-fueled London, a clockwork army is on the rise, vampire blue bloods rule the streets, and war is brewing...

I Will Come For You...
He will find her no matter what. As a blue-blooded captain of the Nighthawk Guard, his senses are keener than most. Some think he's indestructible. But once he finds the elusive Mercury, what will he do with her?
It's his duty to turn her in—she's a notorious spy and traitor. But after one stolen moment, he can't forget the feel of her in his arms, the taste of her, or the sharp sting of betrayal as she slipped off into the night. Little does Mercury know, no one hunts better than the Nighthawk. And his greatest revenge will be to leave her begging for his touch...


My Review:

Beginning Babble: This is my benchmark series for steampunk. I don't claim to be very well read in the genre but I don't imagine many can come close to this one. I can gush like a crazyperson over this series and, while I am tempted, I will refrain.


Heroine: Rosalind-I loved Rosa. She was strong and she was brave. I love it when heroines are just as involved in the action as the heroes and Rosa definitely was. She also never acted like an overly brave ninny which I greatly appreciated. I do wish she had spent more time as herself with Jasper though.

Hero: Jasper: He was awesome. He was strong and brave but he had this wonderful vulnerable and sweet side. He was protective of Rosalind in all the right ways and he was just so perfect. And again both sides of his personality were so well balanced. I don't know if he is my favorite hero of the series but he definitely comes pretty close.

Chemistry: I always enjoy it when it the hero who falls buttass in love with the heroine. Usually it's the heroine with the stronger feelings and the heroes being all manly and detached. It was the complete opposite with Jasper. He was a smoosh when it came to Rosalind and I found it so endearing. I also loved how it was a slow build with Jasper and Rosalind. It took time and it was gradual but when it!

Chemistry Rating:

Ending Babble: Bec McMaster is awesome. I mean it. She's absolutely amazing. She singlehandedly converted me to a lover of Steampunk. I was a pure skeptic until I read 1st book in series. The world she creates is wonderfully detailed and beautifully written and I love how she weaves the paranormal aspect into her story. Lady Quicksilver is no different. It's excellent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio